Caribou Gear

Musician voice-face mismatch

YukonGold

Hey, look at that, my first ever HT thread.

Was just listening to a Rage Against the Machine song (Down Rodeo, if you want to know) and realized I have no idea what these guys look like. Never been much of a concert-goer and also can't recall ever seeing a RATM music video, but been a huge fan of them for years.

Just googled a picture of Zack de la Rocha and...definitely not what I pictured this badass screamy angry guy to look like.

What other musicians did you maybe form a mental image in your head which turned out to be extremely far from the reality?

In the country world, Wayne the Train Hancock, Colter Wall.

Alice in Chains new(ish) lead singer looks like Lenny Kravitz but sounds more like if Layne was a better vocalist, IMO.

images

$_1.JPG

Hey, look at that, my first ever HT thread.

Was just listening to a Rage Against the Machine song (Down Rodeo, if you want to know) and realized I have no idea what these guys look like. Never been much of a concert-goer and also can't recall ever seeing a RATM music video, but been a huge fan of them for years.

Just googled a picture of Zack de la Rocha and...definitely not what I pictured this badass screamy angry guy to look like.

What other musicians did you maybe form a mental image in your head which turned out to be extremely far from the reality?

I always thought the Rage guy looked exactly like he sounded the first time I saw what he looked like...
1680894167537.png

I always thought the Rage guy looked exactly like he sounded the first time I saw what he looked like...
View attachment 271293
yeah I guess I just figured some short bald yelly guy like Chester Bennington. In the google photos of Zack de la Rocha he has this like red bushy fro going on that reminds me more of Weird Al Yankovic

I just saw a billboard advertising an upcoming show with "Boys To Men." I thought they were white.

I was wrong.

The first time I saw what Eric Burdon looked like (The Animals) I just laughed. Not at all what I thought the dude would look like. Not sure what I had in mind, but it wasn’t that.

Same for Brian Johnson of AC/DC. Dude looks like a cab driver they ripped out of a taxi before a gig, and just ran with it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back