Caribou Gear

Music Friday----Cars

Funny true story... includes a bit of music w/in so fits @Europe Intent, somewhat...

My best friend whom we call each other brothers - neither of us have, snuck out w/ his fathers rag top GTO.

We took it to a lake fishing and began a song...

Top pulled down
in the cool dawn air
We were rollin' down the road
w/ nothing but our fishing gear

In our GTO...

We were feelin' the wind
Blowing through our hair
Charlie Daniels' talkin' 'bout
How the devil didn't win his dare

In our GTO...

GTO, an American tradition
Few more miles down this black top road

And that's as far as we reached.

Here's the epic part to this story...

A couple months later, his dad called us together. No clue what it was about until he shared the fine he paid due to an outstanding parking ticket...

Guess they don't just disappear if not paid!
Well I didn't really have a Dad, per say, and he shared Eric was going to get his ass whooped while I watched or I could suck it up and take half the whoopin' for my fair share of our joyride...
Oh, some stingers added for getting caught ditching school as well.

After that, we got to work off the fine.

Haha! Oh juvenile memories...

I caught up with some of you on page three, post 58 ( and page 4, post 69 )---and-- I enjoyed ALL the music posted and I thank each and every one of you for the contribution, I did want to add---

Tradewind--sorry about your day yesterday. Damn !
Noharleyyet--post 61 :love: and post 89 ( as well as the the additional memory--thank you ! )
Ben lamb--thank you for 76 AND 79
2Rocky--80, a love story--see my comments below ;)
Dave, check post 85 (-;
Zach, good point--and--
Fishingforsanity, got it in post 94
mtmiller--white zombie ???????? o_O

sytes-- can you imagine how many car and truck stories the fellows here ( and the ladies as well ) could tell about their teenage years. Possibly even a couple of stories involving non driving back seat stories ( would these stories need to be on moose's old back door site ? )

Would driving around town as a teenager be considered "hunting" ? This would be an entirely different thread but the post by Bighornram ( 49 ) and Jabber (53 ) would work.

"Driving down the road trying to loosen my load with SEVEN women on my mind" or even "yesterday, when I was young, the taste of life was sweet, so sweet upon my tongue" might fit here

Gentlemen : Thank you all

Last edited:
I caught up with some of you on page three, post 58 ( and page 4, post 69 )---and-- I enjoyed ALL the music posted and I thank each and every one of you for the contribution, I did want to add---

Tradewind--sorry about your day yesterday. Damn !
Noharleyyet--post 61 :love: and post 89 ( as well as the the additional memory--thank you ! )
Ben lamb--thank you for 76 AND 79
2Rocky--80, a love story--see my comments below ;)
Dave, check post 85 (-;
Zach, good point--and--
Fishingforsanity, got it in post 94
mtmiller--white zombie ???????? o_O

sytes-- can you imagine how many car and truck stories the fellows here ( and the ladies as well ) could tell about their teenage years. Possibly even a couple of stories involving non driving back seat stories ( would these stories need to be on moose's old back door site ? )

Would driving around town as a teenager be considered "hunting" ? This would be an entirely different thread but the post by Bighornram ( 49 ) and Jabber (53 ) would work.

"Driving down the road trying to loosen my load with SEVEN women on my mind" or even "yesterday, when I was young, the taste of life was sweet, so sweet upon my tongue" might fit here

Gentlemen : Thank you all
Yes ma'am! Fast or slow, I like the guitar work of Blue Oyster Cult. And what's wrong with White Zombie? 🤘

Disappointed in myself. Late entry.

Jerry was a race car driver
And he drove so goddamn fast
He never did win no checkered flag
But he never did come in last

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones