Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Muley Freak in trouble?

His attorney got him a settlement of admission of trespassing and disturbing the peace. Small fine, 90 day suspended sentence, 18 month probation, 100 hours community service, and loss of hunting and fishing in Idaho for three years. Either his attorney wasn’t Harvey Specter or a guilty person saw an easier solution to his crimes.

Nightforce's copy and paste reply when people point out he's a convicted poacher:

"While this may have been what was reported at first, this has thankfully been found to be untrue. Rest assured, we have conducted extensive research on this. Like you, we value our natural resources and take poaching seriously. While allegations of poaching are serious, we also believe that everyone is entitled to their day in court to defend themselves. Before partnering with MuleyFreak, we investigated the allegations and found that they were proven false by the courts, and the charges were dropped. Again, we appreciate you sharing and if you have any further concerns, please let us know! We are happy to answer any questions you may have."

Wow. What a bunch of BS.

What BS from NightForce. Really disappointed in them. Can't believe any company with a *previously* solid reputation would even consider associating with someone like this...somebody is asleep at the switch.

What BS from NightForce. Really disappointed in them. Can't believe any company with a *previously* solid reputation would even consider associating with someone like this...somebody is asleep at the switch.
I'm fully convinced, after reading "NightForce's" replies, that MuleyFreak the entity is actually the one running their social media, at least replying to the comments. It sounds like Erik's phrasing and style, the big tell will be if the tone changes going forward. I would also like to see Randy put some pressure on Mountain Tough. Its obviously a difficult spot for the Mountain Tough folks, they claim to be personal friends with Erik and their open support of him backs that up, but with Randy working with MT its not the best look to be associated even remotely with them now.

Nightforce is really helping me make my next scope a trijicon.

Mountain tough should make a workout plan that maximizes fence jumping performance
My Trijicon credo is the best scope I have ever owned. Couldn’t take Leupold anymore due to reliability issues and being the lead sponsor of something called “Hunt Warz”

Wanted a NF but was too pricey and heavy for my application. Glad I avoided it

My Trijicon credo is the best scope I have ever owned. Couldn’t take Leupold anymore due to reliability issues and being the lead sponsor of something called “Hunt Warz”

Wanted a NF but was too pricey and heavy for my application. Glad I avoided it
Nightforce makes great scopes. My last one was a credo also however. I’m going to give them a minute to see if they correct on their mistake. If not I’m done with them.

Nightforce makes great scopes. My last one was a credo also however. I’m going to give them a minute to see if they correct on their mistake. If not I’m done with them.
I have heard nothing but good things about NF reliability and mil discount and all these other good things. I want to like them, but they really shouldn’t be trying to mislead people about a poacher for the sake of some advertising

I'm fully convinced, after reading "NightForce's" replies, that MuleyFreak the entity is actually the one running their social media, at least replying to the comments. It sounds like Erik's phrasing and style, the big tell will be if the tone changes going forward. I would also like to see Randy put some pressure on Mountain Tough. Its obviously a difficult spot for the Mountain Tough folks, they claim to be personal friends with Erik and their open support of him backs that up, but with Randy working with MT its not the best look to be associated even remotely with them now.
i fully think you’re right that they are running the social media. I had heard in the past they were doing social media for kryptek

I’d like to see Randy call out mtn tough also but he didn’t see concerned in the past sharing camp and sponsors with Brian call

People that can afford NF optics are too smart to fall for Erik Twerkums bullshit. However, he would probably be very effective as a brand ambassador for Vortex’s Venom line of fine Chinese optics.

Agree. I have a hard time supporting companies that graft on to influencers who turn out to have a history of multiple wildlife related offenses. Mtn Tough could have 10 Randy's...but 1 poacher...and if they knowingly support the poacher, I won't be buying any of their products. Unfortunate Randy is associated with them as well...not sure if I had the integrity/reputation of Randy I'd be all that pleased with Mtn Tough standing by a poacher. Lot of factors and context come into play, but I don't see where any business in the outdoor industry would want to be associated with this guy. $.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineCoaster
Back