Mtn Tactical recoil lugs and bolt shrouds for Tikka T3?

Phaseolus

Has anyone bought Mtn Tactical recoil lugs and bolt shrouds for their T3? Did it improve accuracy? My Tikka is pretty accurqate but it seems to be slightly less so than when it was new. My stock recoil lug has a ‘v’ on it from recoil and does not seem to fit into the stock as tight as it used to. How about the bolt shroud?

Thanks,

Beaner

Bolt shroud is elective and has far more to do with durability than accuracy.

The recoil lug is slightly oversized and wouldn’t normally give you improved accuracy on its own, but should help you maintain accuracy over time if you have a heavy recoiling caliber that is prone to damaging the factory aluminum lug. I’m not sure if it will help you if your stock has damage, but should help restore accuracy if your factory recoil lug is damaged and has caused degraded accuracy

Bolt shroud is elective and has far more to do with durability than accuracy.

The recoil lug is slightly oversized and wouldn’t normally give you improved accuracy on its own, but should help you maintain accuracy over time if you have a heavy recoiling caliber that is prone to damaging the factory aluminum lug. I’m not sure if it will help you if your stock has damage, but should help restore accuracy if your factory recoil lug is damaged and has caused degraded accuracy
I would agree. I've been thinking about getting both, however, I don't think it will tighten groups immediately. I have a LH Tikka T3 lite in 300 WSM. I really like the gun, but want to make it 'feel' sturdier. I'm trying to decide on the upgrading the lug, bottom metal, pillar & full length bed factory stock with a hydrodip finish or just get a Mesa Precision stock.

I would agree. I've been thinking about getting both, however, I don't think it will tighten groups immediately. I have a LH Tikka T3 lite in 300 WSM. I really like the gun, but want to make it 'feel' sturdier. I'm trying to decide on the upgrading the lug, bottom metal, pillar & full length bed factory stock with a hydrodip finish or just get a Mesa Precision stock.
I’m am in the exact same situation as you. Same exact rifle and decision. I’m leaning toward the Mesa stock right now.

Is it still in an unbedded factory stock? If so the recoil lug might not be the weak point. If you have bedded it, or you have it in an aftermarket stock with an aluminum bedding block (or similar) it might not hurt to upgrade.

As for the shroud, cosmetics.... Their aftermarket bottom metal should take some flex out of the system too; which should help tighten the connection from action to stock....

I got a titanium recoil block for mine, I also bedded the recoil lug area and installed pillars in the stock. It was all in a kit for like 30 bucks, can't remember where I got it but a google search should find it. I have been meaning to get a bolt shroud and bottom metal from mountain tactical, haven't made it happen yet.

Back