Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Mtmiller ??

powderburn

Do you ever hunt around the Sweet Grass hills west of you along the Canda/US border?
The fenceline in the picture is the border.
hunt1039.jpg

Finalshot thats the border fenceline but we don't hunt that area much anymore. The area has been shot out the last couple years and it's about a 1-1/2 hr drive for hit and miss hunting. We head out just south of town within a 30 min drive for some decent bucks. This is the last couple years just out of town.
hunt1009.jpg

deer92.jpg

der2.jpg

hutmule.jpg

01.jpg

brent05.jpg

nice buch of photos. looks like your raising a good crop of kids too!

Looks like Raymond or Magrath country.

Finalshot your in the right neck of the woods so to speak. Pretty much anywhere along the ridge is productive. Access is the key. My crop of kids have been by my side and exposed to hunting from the time they could walk.
hunt1010.jpg

Yes, I am. I use to spend some time up there driving roads and looking over the deer herds durring the winter, after the gun season ended. There still are some great bucks up there, especially now, after alberta put the new regs in place. With these open winters and the tougher draw, there should be more good bucks showing up.

Finalshot do you or did you live in Alberta?
We've been after a wolf thats been running the ridge for the last couple years. Now I hear of a second one thats been spotted a couple times over the last couple weeks. The old brown one is super smart and hangs around the fringes of the McItyre and the Hutterites have been within 200 yrds new Black one.

I dont live up there, never did. However I live in montana and use to go through delbonita all the time. I've spend countless hours watching the Mcityre! What a cool place. I actually struck up a conversation with the owner and have badgerd him to let me on to photograph the deer that live there, but he keeps saying he will take me out but never seems to have the time. He said he wont let me out on the place alone. I'm not giving up, I'd love to photograph the batchler bucks in august and september! I think I could get some awesome photos if he allowed me a couple days on his place.

I never have seen the wolf and I've only been up there once this year.

The McIntyre Ranch is a magnet for all the bucks in the area. August and September you can find the bachelor groups several miles off the ranch but with the first sign of hunters out after birds the groups high tail it back to the ranch. We've watched both Whitetail and Mulie bucks beline strait back without ever stopping to look back. I'm heading down Sunday to check a couple draws on the north side of the ranch to see if any of the big guys are dropping bone yet.
Here's a couple Whitetail that we jumped pheasant hunting that ran 2-1/2 miles back to the ranch. They wouldn't stick around for a close-up.
grab0018.jpg

Back