mtmiller, tell us about the new bow...

Oak

Expert
Sorry, but I've got to live vicariously through you, as I can only think about buying a new bow. :(

Oak

One of the guys that I hunted bears with in SK has an archery shop just outside Great Falls (125 miles from me). He pointed out to me that the draw on my bow was way too long. I am set up at 29" draw when I should be closer to 26". I have tried to find some replacement modules, but apparently bows are like computers and it was impossible to locate the smaller mods.

Since I just payed off my credit card I decided to go back into debt, so I purchased a Mitey Mite from Bow Tech. Talk about a sweet shooter. It is amazing what they have done with bows since I bought mine in '97.

Since I am a backwards shooter (leftie). We had to order one and it should be in by next friday. I can't wait to hit the range and hopefully there is a bull in my future come September.

PS, anyone interested in a Hoyt Raptor left 29" 60-70#.

Oak-thanks for asking about the bow, I was dying to share the news with someone.
soapbox.gif

I sold my 03 Mighty Mite last Jan. I wasn't really trying to sell it but a biddy onmy archery league was really hot for it and was still shooting his 1983 Fread Bear that weighed in at nearly 10# and had 37 different wheels on it.

I sold it to him and seeing him happy and watch his scors skyrocket put a smile on my face...but it was kinda like seeing your ex girlfriend with her new man every week!LOL!

He still lets me shoot it though.

That's a fine machine you got there. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It's a rocket launcher.

After you've had some time to play with it, let us know what you think. I haven't shot a bow in 17 years ( :eek: couldn't believe it when I just thought about it! :eek: ), but this may be the year I jump back in. Has anything really changed in 17 years? ;)

Oak

If you are left-handed with a 29" draw, I have a bow for you (cheap).

Hope to pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

I'm Right-handed, and pretty sawed-off like you. I think my draw is shorter than 29". ;)

Oak

mtmiller,

I've got a Bowtech Patriot Dually and freakin love it. I shot the Mighty Might and it is a nice little bow. You will most likely be very happy with your decision. Good luck with it.

I was at the local Sportsman's Warehouse last night and the guy there had two of the '03 Patriots on sale for $459. Sounds like a good deal. Weren't they like $700 last year?

Oak

Alright, who called me sawed-off. :mad: ;)

Hopefully I will be hitting the road tomorrow to pick up my bow. It had better be in since I am planning on shooting a 3D tourney this weekend. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too bad.

I don't know much about the price on the Patriot Oak, but I will ask my dealer tomorrow about it. One way or another you need to get back into the sport. I am already kicking myself for slowing down during the last decade. Hopefully I can make up for it and at least have an excuse to spend more time in the field.

Yep, two thumbs up. Although Ididn't kill anything with it this season, it was a joy to shoot and nice and light in the field. Now that tags are about filled I plan to spend a lot of time at the range this winter having more fun.

I expect you will get one in the near future. It just adds to opportunities in the field. Next year antelope and elk for sure. Best of luck and let us know if you pick one up.

Old thread I know but if you still looking for a bow, I have got a 05 Diamond Triumph by bowtech, very similar to bowtechs mighty mite, I like brace height the triumph has over the mighty mite and the price tags little nicer also. Everything else is very similar, within an oz in weight, less then an inch in axle to axle and the IBO rated speed is very close also within 8 fps

Thanks Gato, but any extra dough I had for a bow has been sent off to various fish and game agencies. I might get around to looking in May or so.

Oak

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back