Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT zone for sheep

steamfitter

My question is i would like to start putting in for a sheep tag here in MT. I live near Ovando,Mt and really dont know best area to accumulate points. I was thinking about 620 but if you had a choice to put in for a draw where would you.I hunt the Bob Marshall every year for elk but would like to hunt a sheep just once before i cant anymore.

If I were you I'd figure out what quality of sheep your looking for, as well as how soon your hoping to draw. If its B&C or bust then you should be mostly looking at the breaks but the chances of drawing that anytime soon are pretty narrow, as an understatement. If your looking for a good district outside of the breaks, don't expect anyone on here to be telling you where they are putting in... Your gonna have to do your own homework.

They're all 100% success, so it's really just a matter of how hung up you are on size.

It seems like right now there's kind of three tiers for trophy quality-

Breaks

Region 2 + Sanders county

Everything else.

I live in Missoula and know most the Region 2 units, and honestly there's most likely B&C rams in every one of them. Not a gimme you'll get one, but chances are there's a few in the unit.

The breaks is dominating right now on the monster 190"+ rams though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back