Caribou Gear Tarp

MT wt Deer ?

HandgunHunter

Quick question……for next years apps…2022

Does Montana Whitetail Buck tags generally require preference points to acquire?

Just looking for a hunt close to Wyoming to do some more deer hunting….

In an overwhelming majority of the state you can hunt a whitetail buck with a general deer license. The trend is it is going to require more than 1 point to get that. You can buy 1 now via FWP

In an overwhelming majority of the state you can hunt a whitetail buck with a general deer license. The trend is it is going to require more than 1 point to get that. You can buy 1 now via FWP
Maybe this isn’t the place to ask this but I’m confused by all the changes MT made and if it will affect us coming to MT to hunt deer. In the past we bought points and drew a general tag every other year. Will we still be able to do that or did the changes make it more difficult?

I think you will be able to hunt every other year by buying the point every year .

I just misread the regs. I saw a whitetail and mule deer season in some zones and thought it was a separate tag…..

The search continues

Back