Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT Upland Birds Opener Pics

Nemont

It was HOT 96 degree on Saturday. I shot a limits of huns but it is difficult to get pics of the whole limit when it is so hot as I tend to clean them as soon as I get them. Anyway here are a few pics.

Day 1
d9619419.jpg

P9020180.jpg

Day 2

P9030212.jpg

P9020187.jpg

P9020188.jpg

Didn't see any sharptails or sage grouse. Maybe the heat. Man the hun hatch must have been good though. I have another four months to chase them

Nemont

Nut,

We spent a couple of hours every day. Could only hunt in the afternoon as we were up and working cattle in the morning. Wanted to get the hard work out of the way before it got too hot.

I guess about two hours each day. Could have shot them much quicker if my shotgunning skills weren't so rusty.

Nemont

Way to go on the birds. I saw a few this morning, but unfortunately I was only hauling a bow and was soaked to the bone. It was a rainy overnighter on the mountain.

Osok,

They are tasty. It takes a few to make a meal but they are more like pheasant then grouse. Even the kids like them.

mtmiller,

We got that rain yesterday. At least it will reduce the bone dry fire conditions a little. I heard the main lodge on the Heart land ranch burned the other night. I don't know if you know where that is or not. South of Malta

Nemont

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back