Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT Smoke pole Buck

Gunworks is building me a suppressed carbon fiber side lock that should be capable to 750 YDS. Unfortunately it won’t be ready until next season.
Well that ain’t gonna do you much good Ben. By than all the Canuck bucks will have been sent home with lead balls in their nether regions unable to make the annual voyage.

Better get there soon, If there are big Canuck bucks coming down out of Canada in December this smoke pole season is going to add a lot of value for private landowner to exploit. It will not be long and some one will be paying extra to have exclusive access to that private land. Opportunity is money in the bank for landowners.

I’m not against the thought of a muzzleloader season in Montana. Hell I’d actually like to get into it. But I won’t with season structure the way it is. Now if they’d move archery to September, general rifle to October, and general muzzleloader to November I’d participate

Gunworks is building me a suppressed carbon fiber side lock that should be capable to 750 YDS. Unfortunately it won’t be ready until next season.
You can thank me for your muzzleloader. I was an early proponent of the “Montana Edition” Gumwerks. I think someone else came up with the idea of an all-lead bullet based on a Berger VLD. 😀

Get with the times man. They are eldx guys now
I am waiting for a +.600 b.c. 50 cal lead bullet so I can get more range out of those fancy peep sights that are now available. How small of front bead do you think I will need to not cover an elk at 500 yards? I don’t think the OEM sight on my T/C Renegade will cut it at that range.

I'll be out with a couple of my smoke poles. Treat it just like archery, compound not recurve, and all will be good.....mostly! I witnessed a few misses this fall, with a front stuffer during general season, and the trees took the brunt of the projectile.

I also agree with @antlerradar, the landowner or outfitters targeting northern border hoppers. Won't be long before the photos will show up on the advertisement pages,

I think some people are missing the point of the muzzle loaders. Don't worry, soon enough it will just be one any weapons season. You will still be able to hunt though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back