Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT RIFLEMAN

beardown

I was just checkin out the MT rifleman site,I was wondering if anybody has any experience with these actions and barrells? They sure look good and for the price it sounds hard to beat for a custom gun.

Some of the Employee's post over on accuratereloading.com. Check there for more info. I too agree they'd make a solid rifle, just not a light one. I think the SAs weigh over 40oz. There 'Ghost Kit' looks dang appealing.

My stainless short action, barreled in .358 Win , should be here any day now. It will sport a 21-inch barrel, but I haven't decided yet what stock to put it on. My thought is to make an all-weather brush and timber rifle, so the stock will be either a laminate or a synthetic.

Hey California Didya get? Have you decided on a stock yet? Also just out of curiosity what do you think you will have price wise into it after its all said and done. Excluding the scope.

Hilyer, Come on down to the SCI or RMEF national shows in Reno. Take a look at Rifles Inc. Also you can get a sweet gun custom made from Remington for a fair price.

AZ402 (FagBoy) when are they? I deffinetly am planning a trip down. I'd like to get out of here sometime in Feb. at the latest.

SCI national is Jan 21-24. RMEF national is Feb 19-22. I'll be at both for the duration of the shows.......

No, I still haven't gotten my barreled action yet. They have been busy getting the short actions out, so it may take a little longer to get my barrel put on and checked out. They say all their barrels are handlapped. I expect that the action may not be a highkly polished one, but I prefer a matte look in stainless steel. I expect that I may have to polish up the bolt raceways and perhaps some other areas. I will have less than $700 in the barreled action, so the rest of it will be whatever the stock I decide upon costs me. I would like this to be a lgiht, handy woods rifle - so any suggestions?

Back