MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT poaching ring ....again

I'd guess the tampering with evidence charge will get more attention than anything.

I wonder how many large ranches in the Rocky Mountain region have fresh venison year round...

Sad part is…Even if he looses the ability to get a license I bet he will kill critters anyway as that is how poachers work. How about we start cutting off a few fingers so they can't pull the trigger :)

12 felony counts for the couple. I'd say they're gonna be wearing stripes if convicted.

Bill Foster is also charged with one count of felony tampering with evidence, stemming from an incident Nov. 24, 2012, when investigators were searching the Foster residence in Dillon. Officials say he removed a memory card that contained hunting photos from a camera. After being asked by investigators to furnish the card, he told the wardens he had flushed the memory card down the toilet because it contained nude pictures of a female neighbor. He later admitted he actually hid the memory card in a roll of toilet paper.

Probably the only truthful statement he made.

Sad part is…Even if he looses the ability to get a license I bet he will kill critters anyway as that is how poachers work. How about we start cutting off a few fingers so they can't pull the trigger :)

12 Felony counts... If convicted of even one, we don't have to worry about him owning firearms. Felon=No Guns. Let him keep his fingers, hit him with a felony and go from there.

I have a feeling that we are going to continue to see an alarming trend of poaching. Below is a statement made by another "hunter" on an anti-wolf website This is just one of several of its nature that I have read. Do people really think they are not doing anything wrong?

"An Idaho driver's license should be proof enough that you are not a poacher, killing for monetary gain. But the IDFG will turn a blind eye when the Feds force their poachers (wolves) on Idaho citizens. I agree with your fix...buy no tags, but don't stop hunting. Without tags the game wardens will be out of a job and out of state citizens can be checked by driver's license. Let's get rid of IDFG, out-of-state hunters, and wolves all at one time!"

Unfortunetly I don't believe any significant repercussions are going to be handed out. Lost license, some fines, probation, perhaps a few hours of cs. This is the same kind of crap that we have seen to much of as of late. I want to see prison time, years of it. I want their gear confiscated and auctioned, heavy fines for all involved, and hours upon hours of cs. I want their names and faces plastered throughout their communities to shame them. I want examples made and criminals to take note. I want them to truly feel the pain of their crimes. I just don't believe this will happen to the extent that it should. Neither do those that committ these crimes and that is why he so casually showed off to apparently strangers.

That is the problem, they have evidence of them poaching back to 07, but I bet they walk with a slap on the wrist. What does that tell other poachers, "I can do this for years and if I get caught then big deal. I'll just do it again and take my chances." Make a statement, I hear a bunch of felony convictions, hope a couple of them come through.

In my opinion the state needs to inforce larger fines, and withhold 50 % of their paycheck until the fines are paid in full. thats after one year imprisonment.

Kropp said Montana is one of the few states that will send people to prison for poaching, and that the state takes poaching seriously

Yea not really :rolleyes:

I'd guess the tampering with evidence charge will get more attention than anything.

I wonder how many large ranches in the Rocky Mountain region have fresh venison year round...

Nekid pics of his neighbor! Priceless!

Nekid pics of his neighbor! Priceless!

For those who are not familiar with Montana, it was no big surprise when a guy from that area reported that the only neighbor this poacher has is a flock of domestic sheep and an old donkey. :eek:

I know one of the guys, not on a friends level but through work projects and a place I used to work rented office space from him. I always thought he was shady and definitely classified as a slumlord type. This just confirms my thoughts on how his family operates. Would be nice to see an example set of all of them, but I'm sure they will get off very lightly.

If a judge would set an example of some of these poachers and enforce the law to the fullest extent it might cause a poacher to think before they acted.

Kropp said Montana is one of the few states that will send people to prison for poaching, and that the state takes poaching seriously

Yea not really :rolleyes:

the Problem isn't necessarily the statutes, it's that judges don't view these crimes as serious when it comes to sentencing.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back