MT MSG Tag numbers

CabinFever

The good kind of MSG...

For some reason I was under the impression that Moose, Sheep, and Goat tag numbers would be set by the commission sometime around now, and that the tag numbers listed in the regs only represents last years numbers, but now I can't find anything about that. Am I correct or are the numbers stated in the regs the actual amount of tags that will be issued for each unit?

I emailed region 3 asking if numbers had been set, and the response I got was to look in the regs...Do I have a reason to slap someone? Or myself?

The final numbers will be set at the June Commission meeting, with the draw taking place the following week.

You can call the biologist responsible for the area to get the final number to see if they are +/- where they are proposed at. I would suspect they have determined their recommendations by now.

You can call the biologist responsible for the area to get the final number to see if they are +/- where they are proposed at. I would suspect they have determined their recommendations by now.

I did end up doing this, and they were very helpful and accommodating, though the biologists still don't know for sure the final numbers since they don't make the official decision, but it is usually based on their recommendations.

Back