MT Hunters Grow UP!

Just when I think all hope is gone a post like that makes me realize they are out there! I’m just not trying hard enough. Anybody have any recommendations for boot laces that get extra tight?

What is with the attitude of so many that if there isn’t a full 5 week season during the entirety of the rut that there isn’t adequate opportunity to fill a tag. This isn’t about stockpiling trophy bucks. The idea is about changing season structure so that a few more bucks grow to maturity and adequate opportunity is still provided to all. I couldn’t care less what age or size buck an individual shoots, but I don’t know what to tell anyone who thinks it’s too hard to kill a 2-3 year old muley buck in October.

What is with the attitude of so many that if there isn’t a full 5 week season during the entirety of the rut that there isn’t adequate opportunity to fill a tag. This isn’t about stockpiling trophy bucks. The idea is about changing season structure so that a few more bucks grow to maturity and adequate opportunity is still provided to all. I couldn’t care less what age or size buck an individual shoots, but I don’t know what to tell anyone who thinks it’s too hard to kill a 2-3 year old muley buck in October.
Dude where have you been? It's about maximizing neck roasts. Duh

I was just cruising a MT outfitters IG page, basically every buck on it was described as ancient, old or unique. I don’t think any of them would score 140 or better and if I had to guess most were 2.5 year olds with the occasional 3.5 year old

I was just cruising a MT outfitters IG page, basically every buck on it was described as ancient, old or unique. I don’t think any of them would score 140 or better and if I had to guess most were 2.5 year olds with the occasional 3.5 year old
“This old warrior…” is a very over used way to describe a 140 or less buck in Montana.

Why? Best to get him out of the gene pool ... if he's even genetically still functional at that age.

I agree with him. Seems everyone thinks there's something wrong if they can't find a monster buck to shoot every year. What ever happened to big trophies being something special? Once in a lifetime... maybe? Get out and enjoy the outdoors. Shoot some meat if that's critically important. If shooting big horns is critically important, perhaps you need to reappraise your values. I see hundreds of mulies every fall. There is no shortage of deer on the Hi Line. Far from it. And I usually happen to see a couple of monsters every year. None yet that I could shoot at for various reasons but I still get to see them. They're around.
Yah God forbid someone want a deer herd with a healthy age structure/ buck to doe ratio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back