MT HB0379 update.

Hey Mike this is what I do

fart.gif

Thanks Tom.
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Hey even if it was split into lots for houses, that is WAY better than an elk farm. All elk farms do is give hunters a bad name, and we sure don't need that. Especially in Montana where there is plenty of public land to hunt WILD elk. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
WH, you don't really have an issue here, I know of the area you live in and the reason the elk farms are more in this area is because of the among of room to have one. That is the only reason there have never been any in your region of the world. I think it should be illegal for people to pack themselves as close as you people do, have the traffic congestion you have. That is what should in all actuality be against the law. It is wrong, immoral, and unacceptable in my book.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Tom, nobody should be "taking care" of elk. Elk can take care of themselves. They are smart enough to do that. Cattle are not. So if you want meat, buy some cattle. You want elk meat, buy a tag and go hunting. Pretty simple. And I'm not upset. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is nothing more than perception, it is ok to put every thing else behind a fence including humans and buffalo, but lets have none of it with elk, they are different!!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Tom all I can do is laugh at you, I don`t need to post pics to make my hunts creditable, I know what I do, I can can get by without the good ol boy, back slaps and congrats that come from this board, so I will go with with a new approach and tell you to piss off. You feel guilty about shooting shit on game farms and are trying to convince me and your self that its ok , well I still think anything you killed on a game farm is a joke, rate right up there with shooting greeny pet goat so I will leave it at that.

so mule brought property rights his therory is its my land i can do what i want, ok how about sub division covenants, happens all the time, all types of rules about what you can and can`t do, mule say the guys that lives next to you wants to put in a rife range, or land fill or a cell phone tower, you would be ok with it because its his land right? and whats with the christian, bible thing you have me confused there?

sub division covenants== are in place before the land is sold: before you buy the land, not after, These normally can be changed by a vote of those owners in the subdivision.
143 was an after. Kinda like that other law of if you have ever been convicted of domestic abuse so lose your right to have a firearm.
So many of you would lose on your argument to lose your rights to hunting if it was tied to traffic citations.
All well, its done and some lawyers will figure out how to make a living finding all the loopholes and making theF&G pay their expenses.

280, that's an honest answer. I don't feel guilty like you imagine, as I see and know the positive side of high fence management down here, not the negative side like up there. We'll see what happens with this new bill, hopefully it will get better for everyone up there, or die without being passed. I hope they add an amendment to collect fees for what the F&G has to do with your game farms up there.

I just heard today that HB379 is causing a huge commotion in the state house and senate.

The Republicans are bowing out of it, because they've received a heavy amount of flak over it, and they're afraid they'll lose many republican seats if they support it. So, even though they support property rights, they value their jobs a little more...AHHH, the power of the small voters.

Buzzbuzzbuzz, you'd better have IT explain politics to ya.
There was so much more to this bill than the gamefarm shooting. The state wants to do away with many of the counties/ county seats/ county gov't. The legs that tried this wanted it to fail/ mainly b/c it'll "show" that the people want the state to have the control, not indivivdual counties, thus opening the door to eliminating many of the counties in the state. The state now has much less reason to have county gov'ts, and the "people" just told them that..What's more is many of these leg's don't care about getting elected again b/c they can't be....they're termed out. That was another part of this was if this flew, then they could also try to remove that iniative that brought about the term limits.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-14-2003 16:13: Message edited by: Lostagain ]</font>

Maybe you need the lesson in Politics.

Heres what the Montana Bowhunters association had to say about it.

Quite the drama on this HB 379. The House was supposed to vote on the 3rd and final reading of this bill today but instead Rep. Doug Mood (Speaker of the House) spoke to the gathered House members of the need for some serious soul searching before they proceeded
any further on this bill or the Republicans would probably find themselves out of the Legislative majority come next election. A caucus (the two parties have separate meetings to discuss the situation) was called and following that the House was reconvened. It was then voted by a 51-41 margin to send the bill back to the House Ag committee.

The House Ag committee can now let the bill die or can choose to come out blazing with some sort of new approach to HB 379. One thing is certain, they will be considering very carefully the political ramifications of pursuing this bill further in light of the public outcry being heard in regard to overturning the will of the people's vote on I-143.

Along the line of overturning the public's will, the Montana Standard in Butte has an opinion survey in progress right now that you may want to participate in. Just click on this link.
http://www.montanastandard.com/opinion/opi.html

You will note on the opinion survey that they present the now-famous quote by House Majority Whip Cindy Younkin - "Just because it was passed by the will of the people doesn't make it right".

It is not known at this time when the House Ag committee may choose to readdress HB 379. Will keep you informed as things develop.

Overall, today's development is good news. This is a classic case of where inputs to the legislators have, without doubt, made the difference. Thanks to all of you who put forth the effort to be a vital part of the process. And don't stop being part of the process, we don't know for certain what is going to happen with HB 379, only that things are looking up right now.

Stan Rauch
MBA Legislative Committee

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back