MT HB0379 update.

280, I'm very tired of your ignorant comments. And I'm very tired of your lack of any hunting substance in your posts. And, I'm tired of your inability to address direct questions to you. You, sir, need a different approach for any kind of credibility on any issue you post on as I read the posts. They are unfounded, old, emotional, irrational. Its simply very hard to believe anything you post as they stand. I'm tired of telling you these things. There's no reason I should expect anything different based on what your thoughts are in the posts, that's pretty clear.

Mike: Mule,
Bullshit!!
Ask moosie how me and him got aquainted on another board
--------------------

Mike, what the fugg are you talking about?

You stir up alot of shit for a christian man.

Shouldn't you be singing some hymns

I guess Balsa Boy is getting anxious. He's talking about fat assed texans resorting to snide remarks again.

Know what, I've seen a lot more pictures and read a lot more stories about the hunts Tom's been on than I have about you. What's up with that?? You keep talking like a man with a paper asshole. You don't support anything you say about where you've been or what you've done yet you keep casting aspersions on everyone else. How about some put up and less talk up .. HUH??

Show everyone you're more than just a disconnected mouth...

cool.gif

Between bible study and making a million dollars a week, where do you find the time to talk to the peasants?

Hey even if it was split into lots for houses, that is WAY better than an elk farm. All elk farms do is give hunters a bad name, and we sure don't need that. Especially in Montana where there is plenty of public land to hunt WILD elk. You guys complicate this issue so much. The basic thing that makes elk farming wrong, is that the private ownership of elk is wrong, and that is what should be illegal. You want to raise livestock, get some cattle. You want to hunt elk, go to the mountains and see if you're good enough to find one, and kill it. I really have nothing against guys who like to kill fenced-in tame elk. It's not their fault, the tempation is too great for them, and for some reason or another they were just brought up not having respect for wildlife. But the guys who think it is their right to OWN an elk, those are the guys I have a problem with. Kind of like kids that get hooked on crack, heroin, or whatever. I don't put the blame on them, but rather on the drug dealers that supply these kids with the drugs.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-12-2003 19:38: Message edited by: Washington Hunter ]</font>

Not OK to own an elk?

What if its MY money?

My LAND?

And I ain't breakin the laws?

Do I want to own an elk?......No

But if you want to own a chimp....or a turtle....or a tiger...or a ibne37, well then thats your choice

As long as its your money and your land then NO ONE should give you shit

Ok, say we took this to be true, "private ownership of elk is wrong, and that is what should be illegal". Say, nobody owns those elk, the man/woman/state/or country doesn't own them, then nothing is wrong, nothing should be illegal then, since they are not owned. Its just the man,woman, state, or country that takes care of those elk, its not that they own them. They charge people money for taking care of the elk, until you shoot it, then its yours. Nothing wrong, nothing should be illegal, (no drugs?, no addicts?), but everything is pretty much the same.

It just doesn't make much difference to say, elk were meant to be free or not, they are free, people just take care of them (not everyone, just some of the people, that's why they are the ones that get paid for the work), people shoot them, people eat them. Its simple, no problem, those that take care of them charge those that shoot them for the expenses in taking care of them. No ownership, nothing wrong, the elk are meant to be free, all is well.

You're getting to upset over it Washington Hunter, you don't need to be worrying about who owns them or who doesn't, just that they get paid to take good care of them, if they do take good care of them. That would be respecting the animals, make sure they get taken care of properly, until you shoot one. Then its up to you to respect it and take care of it, now that you killed it, its just that simple, so you needn't worry about the ownership. Just pay the guy who takes care of it the way you like. Don't call it ownership, just call it, respecting the elk, taking care of them, until a guy like you pays to shoot it. Then its yours, you can call that ownership and its ok, right?

Mule,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>How come Tom catches so much hell for game farm hunting and the huntalk members who did the same thing never get their balls busted??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now pay attention, don't want you to get confused.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Mike: Mule,
Bullshit!!
Ask moosie how me and him got aquainted on another board <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do ya catch my drift??
biggrin.gif

Tom, nobody should be "taking care" of elk. Elk can take care of themselves. They are smart enough to do that. Cattle are not. So if you want meat, buy some cattle. You want elk meat, buy a tag and go hunting. Pretty simple. And I'm not upset.
wink.gif

What do we buy tags for if its not to pay for "taking care of" the elk? What would you call it, if its not taking care of them, managing them? Nobody should be taking care of them, they should just respect them you said. How is buying a tag to hunt them, related to that, isn't it proper management of elk. Don't sell too many tags, don't sell to few tags, i.e. sell just those that are meant to be sold, eh? That's taking care of elk, or elk management, or whatever name would you give it?

this whole argument about elk farms has gotten quite stale
frown.gif

Tom......
It's like this for me, It just doesn't feel right.
Some things in life you know are wrong. Maybe there isn't a law against it, but you still know its wrong. You will have to live with the guilt if you do them.

Some things are borderline, you got to make a judgment call based on your beliefs and morals, and live with whatever the outcome is.

Some things you just know are the right thing to do. You feel good when you do them.

Well, for me to hunt on a game farm would fall into the first group. my morals and beliefs just make it feel all wrong.
There isn't anything you or anybody else can say that will change that.

This is the land of the free and you are welcome to your freedom of choice.
But when I feel your choice is a threat to the things I love, you will hear from me.
And I do believe that game farms are a disgrace and a threat to hunting.
So I hope they are outlawed and ended.
It is also my right to do what I can to see that accomplished.
It isn't anything personal, hell I don't even know you.
smile.gif

Mike...SSS,

Here's a place with game farm in its name, it has some good and bad things to me, but appears to be well run on the surface to me, but it doesn't look like it has anything to do with hunting, how does it make you feel?

know its wrong, borderline, know its good.

http://tripledgamefarm.com/

Mike I know a few people who feel the same way about a certain thing I own. It is legal right now for me to own them(only certain ones though) but they feel that they should be outlawed altogether. I know it has nothing to do with elk farms except that I could use them to hunt on one. It is my guns.
So in a way you can understand how they feel?
confused.gif

Tom is bold enough to be a devil's advocate for this and I respect the heck out of him for it. He gets a lot of crap for it and puts up with replies that dont debate the issue properly. I have met him personally and am dang glad I have.

So you all would have me not being able to have some elk steaks from the game farm 50 miles from me? I live in a state you know nothing about or the conditions. There is no hunting there but I can buy some elk meat for me and mine. I would be deprived of something just because of the way you feel? Give me a break.
rolleyes.gif

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back