Mt Goat Hunting Pictures.

BW

Gents (and Moosie),

Got invited to go Mt. Goat hunting on relatively short notice, and thought I'd share some pictures.

First off, we didn't get a goat. :(

The weather was nice and sunny, but very windy. We got forced off the mountain by the high winds, a missed out on a couple days of hunting.

There were some Goats in the area, mostly on inaccessible cliffsides. Three Goats did run across the top of the ridge, about 250 yards ahead of us, but do to the winds, short time to judge sex and size, and the fact the reached the far side so quickly, they got away untouched.

Oh well, enjoy the pictures.

Getting ready to head up to the ridge. It's a steep climb from the first step, and just gets worse...
fd4ef693.jpg

From the top, looking down to base camp...
fd4ef544.jpg

Zoomed in to base camp. It's the gray dot nearly centered in the picture...
fd4ef690.jpg

Spike camp and view of lake...
fd4ef53f.jpg

Me on the ridge, winds were blowing about 35knts. For you ex-Sitkans, that Mt Edgecumbe in the background.
fd4ef53b.jpg

Oh yea, Goats. The white spots below the snow. Remember the snow patch, and find it in the next picture below...
fd4ef353.jpg

The fact the goats are completely inaccessible, is why they're still alive...
fd4ef350.jpg

There's more pictures, and you can see them in real size in my album at Sony ImageStation. Here's a link...

Goat hunt pictures

Glad you had a great hunt BW too bad ya didnt score on a goat.
That sure is some awesome country thanks for sharing the pics with us.

I am totally awestruck by the pics BW. Right now I can only dream about even visiting there much less hunt. I would love just to be there. My friend Bill M is there right now in Alaska and he is taking loads of pics and some video also. If it is just 1/2 as awesome as your pics they will be great!

BW.... You're the MAN.. MAN !!!

NO worries on not scoreing.. Thats cuz You wouldn't invite me.... :D :D Next time invite me along and I'll make sure ya get some.. Something about me and Goats or SHEEP.. THEY come a-runnin' ;)

COOL PICS !!!!!

I'm not too worried about not getting a goat.

It was a 'last minute' hunt anyhow, as my buddy only asked me about two weeks before we left.

That was my third trip to that area, and also my last. It's time to find a new goat hunting area.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back