Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT game farmers cant read...

BuzzH

I guess, along with their inability to DEAL WITH I-143, at least one Montana game farmer also cant read...stupid ass breaks the law despite having a son for an attorney...maybe he needs a new attorney?

Hopefully, he gets his license revoked...that would really break my heart.
wink.gif

Game farm owner cited for allowing captive animal hunts

By JENNIFER McKEE - IR State Bureau - 12/17/03

HELENA — Fish, Wildlife and Parks agents served three citations last week against a central Montana game farm operator for illegally accepting money from people who shot captive animals on his ranch, agency records show.

Charles Taylor of Moore, owner of Taylor's Big Sky Elk Ranch, faces three misdemeanor citations for violating provisions of Initiative-143, a 2000 voter-passed ban that prohibits game farmers from collecting money for arranged hunts of their captive deer and elk.

The initiative also bans new game farms from opening.

Taylor, who could not be reached for comment for this story, was scheduled to appear in Fergus County Justice Court on Friday before Judge Jack Shields in Lewistown. However, Shields is expected to be in a trial all day Friday, Fergus County records show, so Taylor's first appearance will be rescheduled.

The citations stem from three separate occasions this fall and winter in which Taylor allowed people to shoot captive elk on his ranch for a fee — in violation of I-143, said Ron Aasheim, of Fish, Wildlife and Parks.

The citations were served on Taylor on Dec. 12.

If convicted, Taylor faces a maximum fine of $1,000, a year in the Fergus County jail or both.

He could also lose his game farm license, said Bob Lane, a lawyer for Fish, Wildlife and Parks. By law, the agency may revoke a game farm license for up to five years and require its own administrative fine of up to $5,000. Before any of those penalties could come about, however, the agency would first have to launch its own investigation and defend its charges in a separate administrative case.

Lane said that the agency has not launched such an investigation and has not alerted Taylor of any intentions to do so.

‘‘But we are going to look at this,'' Lane said. ‘‘Now that he's been cited, we have an obligation to look at it.''

Taylor has been an opponent of I-143. During the 2003 Legislature, his son Mark Taylor, a Helena lawyer and lobbyist, worked unsuccessfully to pass House Bill 379, which would have repealed parts of I-143.

I wonder what his defense will be? They bought the elk from him, and then couldn't get them to "load up", and out of frustration the new owners shot the elk??????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

How exactly does the law read? Does it exclude bison? I assume it does since ol Teddy has no problem letting people on his ranch(s) to shot em behind a fence.

I don't know, but I imagine that they consider bison to be domestic now, rather than wild game. Maybe not?
confused.gif

Oak

Unfortunately all game farming in CO was moved from the DOW's control to the Dept. of Ag. a few years ago. Seems that the game farmers felt that the DOW was being too heavy-handed by making them follow the rules. Some actually accused the DOW of wanting to create their own monopoly on elk hunting in the state.
rolleyes.gif

Oak

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back