Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT Archery Bull

Drake4

I managed to have some success on my first archery bull..in my first archery season. Not the biggest bull in the woods, but I am definitely more than happy with him.

I bought a bow last winter and practiced pretty religously, so that I could make any opportunity count. I ended up taking this guy at 42 yards, after having him within 60 yards for probably 15-20 minutes. He came in very slow and cautious, and repeatedly pissed on himself, as he got closer. He tipped over within 20 yards of the shot, and the packing began. I used the new G5 T3 broadhead and was pretty impressed with the perfomance.

I took out the first heavy load that evening, and luckily was able to get ahold of a good buddy to help out the following morning. We left the tent a 1/2 hour before daylight and were back right at noon. I had the meat boned, and cooling in game bags on a forked, fallen tree, so all we had to do was load up the Mystery Ranch packs and head back to camp.

It was a great experience..especially for my first archery animal..on my own.

Attachments

• DSCN3154.jpg
    DSCN3154.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 2010 Bull.jpg
    2010 Bull.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 561
  • Last Load.jpg
    Last Load.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 564
  • Packing.jpg
    Packing.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 564
  • DSCN3157.jpg
    DSCN3157.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 558
...success on my first archery bull
Some success? MAN, THAT - is a beaut for a first... second... third... archery hunt! Beaut!

Congrats! Very nice looking bull!

Nice work man! I'm jealous. I can't arrow an elk to save my life. Is that a Rage broadhead?

Any Bull Elk is a trophy with archery gear, and getting a 6x6 is icing on the cake. Enjoy your success.

I like the pack pictures. Curious if you were able to weigh the loads back in civilization.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back