MT Antelope Units

OriginalOscar

Interested in MT Antelope next year but not familiar with good units in the eastern half. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'd like to clarify "WAY down" even further. On the north side of the Missouri River in 630 for example, in 2010 they gave 150 either sex permits. In 2011 they gave 10. With nonresidents limited to 10% my math says there was 1 nonresident permit. Other districts in region 6 also had 10 permits. Even in region 7 I had some buddies from western Montana that didn't hunt this year because the land owner told them it wouldn't be worth it. That being said the further south you go the milder the winter was. I would suggest Wyoming.

SE MT seems to have done alright, I'd definitely look South of the lake.

Numbers seem to be doing really well in SW MT too. I've been driving all over from Missoula to Butte to Lima to Whitehall this fall, and there's antelope all over the place. Not too many big bucks, but lots of opportunity if you can draw a tag.

Problem with SE MT (700), it varies across the subunits. Some places, like where I hunt got destroyed by the winter and previous years of mortality. From what I can tell, numbers are 10% at best of what it was 5 years ago. Yet some areas in 700 are doing well. FWP needs to manage the subunits individually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back