Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT 411-20 additional draw

How does the first, second, third choice thing work in Montana? If they draw your name/number, do they go right down your list and give you a tag for the first hunt on your list with available tags, or do you only get a shot at your second choice if there are still tags left after everyone’s first choice has been considered?

How does the first, second, third choice thing work in Montana? If they draw your name/number, do they go right down your list and give you a tag for the first hunt on your list with available tags, or do you only get a shot at your second choice if there are still tags left after everyone’s first choice has been considered?
This

Wouldn’t you have actually had slightly better odds if all the “two choice” applications were thrown out? Major assumption here but I’m willing to bet the “odds” for this 10% additional draw will be pretty bad. I’m willing to bet the amount of people that made same mistake was over whelming…. What makes you think you are entitled to that draw too?
Maybe . All depends how many NR that applied with me made mistakes . I guess I feel entitled to be in the re draw cuz I took the time to understand the rules and the types of permits and I filled out my app accurately. People who made the mistake are getting bailed out by getting another chance . I feel I should too . But if I don’t I don’t . I was in the first draw and didn’t draw so I had my chance . Really I’m fine with it either way .

Maybe . All depends how many NR that applied with me made mistakes . I guess I feel entitled to be in the re draw cuz I took the time to understand the rules and the types of permits and I filled out my app accurately. People who made the mistake are getting bailed out by getting another chance . I feel I should too . But if I don’t I don’t . I was in the first draw and didn’t draw so I had my chance . Really I’m fine with it either way .
At this point, justification for letting you in the draw could go either way. The rules have been changed in a major way on the fly. I think all unsuccessful plus the glitched out apps should be reconsidered if they are going to do another draw but I can see others point as to “you already had your shot”. Anyway we slice or dice this the draw was f’d up and this redraw doesn’t “fix it”. I think it makes it worse.

I would like to give my permit back but now im stuck in a unit with way too many tags and now there will be more. Montana hunting is getting to the point where I’m about to bow out. It’s really disgusting what is happening and there is literally no one in power that cares. Hank is just the cherry on top of the giant poop pie Montana hunting has become.

I hear you there. I made the mistake and honestly would have been ok with that as it was in the end my mistake

Sounds like FWP probably just wants to avoid a lawsuit and said let’s just add a few tags

At this point, justification for letting you in the draw could go either way. The rules have been changed in a major way on the fly. I think all unsuccessful plus the glitched out apps should be reconsidered if they are going to do another draw but I can see others point as to “you already had your shot”. Anyway we slice or dice this the draw was f’d up and this redraw doesn’t “fix it”. I think it makes it worse.

I would like to give my permit back but now im stuck in a unit with way too many tags and now there will be more. Montana hunting is getting to the point where I’m about to bow out. It’s really disgusting what is happening and there is literally no one in power that cares. Hank is just the cherry on top of the giant poop pie Montana hunting has become.
I agree with everything you said

I doubt there worry is a lawsuit . I think it’s exactly what Hank wanted in the end . More permits . Not as many as he wanted but as many as he could eek out
This +1. He literally said that there is no biological reason for not having a bunch more permits. And he is probably right as more permits just make the sanctuary problems worse, eventually requiring bulls for billionaires, transferable landowner permits, rfw program all to address the “problem” that he is creating. It really is sad

Back