MT 411-20 additional draw

Browning55

Just a little info. I was a little confused over my draw results as I drew combo tag but didn’t see any info on my special permit draw…. I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to MT draw.

Anyways I spoke to FWP and I was initially removed from draw because I selected 411-20 as my first choice and also chose a second choice. According to FWP you could only choose 411 as first choice with no other choices. They recognized that the wording on website was misleading and I was told an additional 10% was added to quota and a new draw for the locked out folks would be occurring on Monday.

I guess I’m happy and that’s mighty generous of FWP to make a concession like that. I was prepared to accept the mistake when FWP told me that I was in error on my app

Just a little info. I was a little confused over my draw results as I drew combo tag but didn’t see any info on my special permit draw…. I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to MT draw.

Anyways I spoke to FWP and I was initially removed from draw because I selected 411-20 as my first choice and also chose a second choice. According to FWP you could only choose 411 as first choice with no other choices. They recognized that the wording on website was misleading and I was told an additional 10% was added to quota and a new draw for the locked out folks would be occurring on Monday.

I guess I’m happy and that’s mighty generous of FWP to make a concession like that. I was prepared to accept the mistake when FWP told me that I was in error on my app

Can’t wait to hear all the people complain this fall when the LE areas are crowded with people cuz people were too inept to correctly fill out an app

It was their error, not yours. That incorrect wording was used multiple times in the season setting process and it was pointed out to them. The written mistakes are so frequent I’m not sure when they are mistakes or on purpose.

And we know all this already … a press release was put out yesterday

• Hunters who submitted applications and are eligible for districts 411-21, 447-21, and 595-21 and entered second and third choices will receive a permit because the number of permits unallocated after the draw is greater than the number of applicants who were removed from the draw. Similarly, the 270-45 permit is unlimited, so applicants will all receive a permit.
  • Hunters who submitted applications for districts 411-20, 417-20, 417-21, 426-20, 799-20, and 799-21 and were removed from the draw will be entered into a random drawing next week. Those who are unsuccessful in this second drawing will receive bonus points.

It was their error, not yours. That incorrect wording was used multiple times in the season setting process and it was pointed out to them. The written mistakes are so frequent I’m not sure when they are mistakes or on purpose.
It was FWP fault the way it was written in the regs yes , but it was made abundantly clear this winter when the 900 series tags went away that these tags were now 1st and only choice ….

Made abundantly clear to who??
Elk regulations

The commission set quotas for limited archery-only elk permits in hunting districts 411, 412, 417, 426, 447, 502, 535, 555, 590, part of 701, 702, 704, and 705. In these hunting districts, the archery-only permits will be the first and only choice for applicants, which means if people want to hunt in one of these districts, they will only be able to apply for that specific district.

The commission also set quotas for limited archery-only permits in hunting districts 410, 620, and 700. In these hunting districts, the archery permits will be available as the first or second choice for applicants.

The commission also set new quotas for limited rifle permits for either-sex elk in hunting districts 411, 417, 426, 535, 702, 704, and 705. Permits in these districts will be available as first and only choice for applicants. They commission increased the quota in hunting district 590 but didn’t limit those permits to first and only choice.

The commission also limited hunters who draw a bull elk or either-sex permit to only hunt bull elk within that hunting district for the period of time that the permit is valid (antlerless elk hunting would not be restricted). The exception is hunting district 270. Hunters who draw that unlimited permit may still hunt bull elk elsewhere in the state.

Additionally, antlerless elk 004 and 005 regional B licenses have been adjusted to unlimited over-the-counter opportunity. Late antlerless elk seasons will continue as they were adjusted by the commission last summer.

Anyone paying attention to the changes from 900 series going away ….. still FWP is at fault for not having this in the regs .
So I understand that, but the way some pay attention, is strictly by reading the regs. When applying in multiple states, and not truly having any say in what each states commissions do, most don’t go to or listen in to all the meetings and press releases. The only obligation is to read the regulations and ask questions where needed, and first choice only doesn’t even qualify for a questionable wording if you were unaware that “first and only” choice was ever a topic of discussion. I have been applying in MT for 3 years now, and this is honestly the first I have ever heard of it. Of course I only apply for general, so maybe that’s why but still, to insult peoples intelligence for being misinformed or possibly intentionally misled isn’t fair.

Elk regulations

The commission set quotas for limited archery-only elk permits in hunting districts 411, 412, 417, 426, 447, 502, 535, 555, 590, part of 701, 702, 704, and 705. In these hunting districts, the archery-only permits will be the first and only choice for applicants, which means if people want to hunt in one of these districts, they will only be able to apply for that specific district.

The commission also set quotas for limited archery-only permits in hunting districts 410, 620, and 700. In these hunting districts, the archery permits will be available as the first or second choice for applicants.

The commission also set new quotas for limited rifle permits for either-sex elk in hunting districts 411, 417, 426, 535, 702, 704, and 705. Permits in these districts will be available as first and only choice for applicants. They commission increased the quota in hunting district 590 but didn’t limit those permits to first and only choice.

The commission also limited hunters who draw a bull elk or either-sex permit to only hunt bull elk within that hunting district for the period of time that the permit is valid (antlerless elk hunting would not be restricted). The exception is hunting district 270. Hunters who draw that unlimited permit may still hunt bull elk elsewhere in the state.

Additionally, antlerless elk 004 and 005 regional B licenses have been adjusted to unlimited over-the-counter opportunity. Late antlerless elk seasons will continue as they were adjusted by the commission last summer.
I stand corrected. I was unaware that it was spelled out right in the regulation book. Probably because I never read that section because it didn’t apply to me since I wasn’t applying for permits. Is that actually out of the official reg book? It appears by your tab, that it is just a press release

So I understand that, but the way some pay attention, is strictly by reading the regs.
Which is the way it should be. The regs ARE (or at least should be) the definitive source of truth. Anything else is just hearsay. This wasn’t a “computer glitch”. This was FWP screwing up the regs. The “computer” simply allowed what was in the regs. Hank blaming this on computers vs. taking the blame himself is disingenuous at best, flat out lying more likely.

Which is the way it should be. The regs ARE (or at least should be) the definitive source of truth. Anything else is just hearsay. This wasn’t a “computer glitch”. This was FWP screwing up the regs. The “computer” simply allowed what was in the regs. Hank blaming this on computers vs. taking the blame himself is disingenuous at best, flat out lying more likely.
I agree totally . Derek I’m not disagreeing with you either at all . FWP is a sh*t show .

I stand corrected. I was unaware that it was spelled out right in the regulation book. Probably because I never read that section because it didn’t apply to me since I wasn’t applying for permits. Is that actually out of the official reg book? It appears by your tab, that it is just a press release
This is from the press release in Feb not the regs though right?

Back