NEW SITKA Ambient 75

MT 2012 Drawing Statistics

rmyoung1

So does anyone know when MT FWP posts the previous year's drawing statistics? Elk and deer apps are due in a month, and the 2012 stats still aren't posted. If memory serves, I had this frustration last year, too. Anyone know?

I just got a call from FWP on Saturday so they are still compiling data. Do you need to apply in the next couple of weeks...I mean the dates are set and you can probably count on very similar draw statistics as last year.

Elk and deer 2013 applications and 2012 drawing statistics are out. Picked up hard paper copies last week here in Billings, Mt. Got them at Big Bear sporting goods.

I just got a call from FWP on Saturday so they are still compiling data.

Just to clarify... I am asking about the detailed drawing statistics and not harvest statistics. I understand that harvest stats require surveys and that whole process takes a while. The actual 2012 drawings have been in the books for months, obviously, but the website doesn't yet have the detailed drawing reports posted.

Here's the link to what I'm talking about:

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/planahunt/drawingStatistics/

I might be the only number nerd who cares.... oops.

Last edited:
Dont harvest and drawing statistics go into the same publication (in print)?

The reports listed at the link in my post above give you a detailed breakdown of everyone's bonus point totals in the drawing. It gives you the best data to figure out your true chances of drawing the tag given your point totals and the point totals of the other applicants in the pool.

You're not. I asked one of the local biologists for them and he didn't know when they would be posted. It's ridiculous that they weren't posted months ago.

Okay... good. Glad to hear I'm not the only nerdy number-cruncher out there. :eek: I'm particularly eager to see the data for 2012. That whole squaring-the-bonus-points thing is gonna have a rather large impact on draw odds for those high-demand permits.

Last edited:
You're not. I asked one of the local biologists for them and he didn't know when they would be posted. It's ridiculous that they weren't posted months ago.

I must agree they know people need this info and that the deadline is coming soon. I don't know why they were not posted as soon as the app. period began kinda slacking if you ask me.:mad:

I am with you I love looking at the numbers. Nevada application period is right around the corner and they do not have their numbers for 2012 out yet. Wy posts theirs the day the drawing results are posted, it cannot be all that difficult if some states can get it done.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back