MR Longbow???

It worked great for me packing meat. I think I hauled a bone in rear from my elk, plus backstrap and other cuts, and the head. I just opened it up and dropped it in, cinched it down and strapped the head under the top lid. I know a few other guys on here have packed more (and heavier) loads than I have with the 6500. I had mine in my truck all fall for second load duty. I've used it for a few pack in camp trips and its performed great for that as well. I think if I was starting out I'd go with a 6500 since it can handle everything and then probably add a longbow or crew cab down the line for day use.

I agree with the above. Since I got the 7500 bag my cc has gathered dust. Even for day trips I like the bigger bag.

Longbow is finally here!!!

Alright so here are the picks of my new Longbow. Like I said in the other post, according to Ben Noble, this is no kidding the last MR pack in Optifade (Grey is just as good I think). Anyway, the pack is crazy nice and rugged. They really are worth the extra cash. The pack itself is bigger then I thought and I should be able to do an overnight without issues. I put the long pockets on and the hip pockets are grey as they were out of optifade. Top notch all the way, I just can't wait to get some blood on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpg
    IMG_1933.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 417
Looks sweet. I just ordered a foliage Longbow last Friday. I got an email from Ben yesterday saying they were out and it will be 2 months before they have any. Oh well. I can't wait to get it and try it out.

I just got a Longbow in Coyote Tan. VERY nice looking pack.

I loaded it up with all of my camping gear and clothes, and by lashing my tent underneath I was able to get everything inside of the bag. My food will go in game bags and get strapped to the outside with the side compression straps (I don't bivy hunt, I set up a base camp). For giggles, I undid the bag from the frame and put a bag of rock salt in and strapped it down. This works very weel and is very secure. I did a 45 minute step up workout with this and was pretty impressed with the NICE frame. I need to do a few minor fit adjustments, but I like it.

So, depending on how you want to use it it will work for multi day trips. I primarily bow hunt so I'm not concerned with inclement weather and heavier clothes. It will fit that bill very well, and still make an excellent day pack for rifle or archery hunting. If you are hunting later in the year when cold and snow is an issue I think you would definitely want a bigger pack.

Great to hear about being able to get gear in the pack for camping. Being able to bivy was a huge concern when shopping for my new pack and when I settled on this one I was a little weary about doing a couple days with it.

I've put 40 lbs of salt in it (within the main compartment) and did a 3 mile ruck. It felt great, I just need to adjust it a bit. It's one HELL of a pack and will last for years.

Dreamin,

I do NOT have the side pockets that you do. I did add the accessory straps, and those will work well for lashing jackets, antlers, etc on top. If you can fit two days worth of food in each long pocket, I think you should be able to do a true 4 day bivy no problemo.

I posted above on 2/21 that I ordered a foliage longbow and it was going to be 2 months before they got any. I ended up with a multicam longbow bag and coyote frame because they were in stock and it was what I really wanted, even though it wasn't on the MR website. I have loaded it up with 30 lbs and I've been doing a few training hikes every week. I love it.

Glad to hear so many are loving thier longbow. I took mine horn hunting over the weekend and packed a rifle on the off chance I'd cross a wolf or yote. One concern of mine, although MR has video on strapping a bow and rifle to the bag, was that a rifle might not stay snug, would shift around and be difficult to pack or hike with a shifting load. My concern was gone after this weekend. The rifle strapped to the bag very snug and did not shift one bit. The bag and frame ride on my back like a dream. I've never had any bag so comfortable and versitile. 110% satisfied with my purchase.

I picked up the crew cab and longbow last spring. I'm thinking I like the longbow better, at least when hunting for myself.

I was really loving it this day! I had my gear, all my buddy's gear (so he could fit a 50 lb bag of meat in his Superday pack), and the head/horns of my bull, dropping down about 1000 feet in a little over 2 miles in the dark. The Longbow and NICE frame handled the load very well!

P1030586_EXP_CR.jpg

Ron

Dreamin,

I do NOT have the side pockets that you do. I did add the accessory straps, and those will work well for lashing jackets, antlers, etc on top. If you can fit two days worth of food in each long pocket, I think you should be able to do a true 4 day bivy no problemo.

RIGHT ON!!! Thanks man, can't wait to get the pack out hunting.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back