Caribou Gear Tarp

Moving back to Idaho

KRS

Finally found a job up in Idaho, can't wait to move. Must sell a house in Arizona but very pleased this is happening now.

Woooo hooooooo!

KRS

Congrats. Big bulls in AZ but I'd pick ID over there any day. Hope you have a great hunting season...if you can hunt as a resident this fall.

Idaho has salmon and steelhead fishing. Arizona doesn't. The choice is easy. If MT wasn't the place for me ID would be.

Born and raised in Pocatello, but headed to Burley. Close enough to Soda Springs to still see the country we hunted as kids, but far enough I'll need to learn whole new areas.

My parents have little vacation house in Paris. I took the fam down to the bear lake area in late July. I forgot how awesome SE Idaho is. I love MT, but for whatever reason I think the Idaho Falls area is the cats meow. Sand dunes, ski resorts, probably the best fly fishing in the world..... and the hunting is not too shabby either.

You on one side of the res, me on the other (Blackfoot).

Born and raised in Pocatello, but headed to Burley. Close enough to Soda Springs to still see the country we hunted as kids, but far enough I'll need to learn whole new areas.

let us know how fast the house sells. hopefully you make some money on it. and you're leaving just when the weather was getting nice.........HA, supposed to be 105 this weekend.

Wow, time flies!

Been here over 2 years now. Spending weekends learning the areas, its been a good two years.

Congrats! I have a good pard in Burley that I try to get with a couple of times a year to hunt. I hope in 2 years I can make a post about me moving to Idaho! Still trying to convince the wife...

Congrats! I have a good pard in Burley that I try to get with a couple of times a year to hunt. I hope in 2 years I can make a post about me moving to Idaho! Still trying to convince the wife...

I'm going through this right now. I currently have a good job offer in southeast Idaho and we are trying to decide what to do. My wife has never been out there so we are flying out in two weeks so she can check out the area. The big issues that may hold us back are if we could sell our house (the Northern NY housing market sucks) and we would be moving our kids away from my parents, which my parents are very upset about. They love spending time with their grand kids. My wife's family is in OK so that is pretty much a wash as the distance is about the same.

The way it is right now I only get to hunt out west every other year due to work obligations. Being able to hunt out there every year is very exciting. This decision has been keeping me up at night for about a month now.

I'm going through this right now. I currently have a good job offer in southeast Idaho and we are trying to decide what to do. My wife has never been out there so we are flying out in two weeks so she can check out the area. The big issues that may hold us back are if we could sell our house (the Northern NY housing market sucks) and we would be moving our kids away from my parents, which my parents are very upset about. They love spending time with their grand kids. My wife's family is in OK so that is pretty much a wash as the distance is about the same.

The way it is right now I only get to hunt out west every other year due to work obligations. Being able to hunt out there every year is very exciting. This decision has been keeping me up at night for about a month now.
At some point you've got to live your life for YOU and YOUR family. You can't live it trying to please other people. I would much rather raise my kids in ID than NY.

Luckily, my wife was asking for about four years "when are we moving to Idaho"?
We came up to see my grandma about once a year, and she liked the mountains.
We too moved away from her parents. But they have the means to travel and come here to see us.
Our house was difficult to sell, the market was soft, and we ended up taking on debt to close on the house....not fun.

I had to do the same thing, debt to close on a house, but did so to move to a much less fun place... Yeah, I'm not very smart.

Congrats to all who have taken the jump. We had the opportunity in 2013 to move to Colorado, but tried to sell the house first. Well, after 15 months on the market and deciding we wouldn't take a loss, we opted to stay in Ohio. I've regretted it every day since. The last couple weeks we have started talking about it again. If I get the OK this time from work, I'll take the loss.

I'm so ready to move west and get away from the east coast.The older I get the more I think about it and making myself happy living where I would like to be.Hopefully, one of these days I just take the leap.My kids are what hold me back.Well really just one,as he only has 3 more years of school.The younger kids have no problem going.
I have a business soI'd have to restart it in a new area if I moved.I envy you guys that would have a job waiting,but I wouldn't want to take debt over it.Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back