mountain rifle style stock for BDL

VAspeedgoat

I'm hoping for some reccomendations on some good quality replacement stocks for my 700 BDL. I replaced the walnut stock with a plastic stock but was hoping to find a stock that had the slim lines of a mountain rifle style stock. I'm not sure where to start or if they are available for the contour of a regular barrel. The gun is a .270 if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

The one in my link is spec'd to fit a mountain rifle barrel contour. Sorry OP, I didn't dig thru the fine print. I have one rifle (Sako .243) running a B/C Medalist, the palm swell is definitely thicker in the B/C than it is on my factory Remington (280 Rem) 700 mountain rifle laminated stock.

Regardless of the manufacturer, I'm guessing that you also hope for lighter weight. Be sure to check toe weights as many synthetic stocks are not any lighter than wood stocks or only marginally so.

Brown Precision used to make a stock they called the "Pounder". Was supposed to weigh about 16 ounces. Not sure if they are still around.

Below are a factory Remington Ti stock with a factory Remington mountain rifle barrel (1.375) and a Mcmillian EDGE KS with a Rock Creek #2 contour (.575 at the muzzle). There's only a .010 difference, but the Ti stock was about half the price.

20141129_121641.jpg
20141129_121540.jpg
20141129_121307.jpg

VA

If you want I have a Ti that I have been wanting to sell. I'll ship it to you and if you like it, you can keep it and send me the check. If not, put it back in the box and send back.

IMO, I would never describe one as slim. It's about like a BDL. Hence my dislike...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back