Caribou Gear

Mountain lion rug, claws

idelkslayer

I will be rugging a mountain lion that I shot recently. I have done two bear rugs and am confident in my ability to do a good job on my lion.

My question is what to do with the claws. Should the claws be extended or retracted. If retracted they would not be visible so should I just remove the claws entirely and use them for something else? I would prefer to leave the claws on the rug and retracted but worry that they would be difficult to show off if anyone or myself ever wanted a look.

I would appreciate pictures of mountain lion rugs, specifically the paws and claws to help me decide what to do.

Thank you.

Here's a couple pictures of mine. The claws are retracted, but there's still enough showing that you can go up and look at them if you want.

image_zps57d42a51.jpg

image_zps185b9c75.jpg

image_zpsdd964015.jpg

image_zpsf97ad82a.jpg

I think claws out is consistent with the expression on his face. Claws are always an interesting item for folks looking at your very nice rug.

That is a beauty.
Pops was known for being able to skin and *pad out* skins (bears and cats) for guys. His usual pay was a nice bottle of scotch. Just wish I would have learned more from him as a teen, but I knew everything then......

Nice face on that cat - I always vote for viewing the claws - on my cat the hair was cut back just enough to show them off.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back