Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

More Washington bighorns

kwyeewyk

Swakane sheep hanging out on the highway again, looked like they were licking something up off the ground, right in the ditch. They like highway de-icer, and there's also an ash layer they like, but kinda looked like someone might have lost a bale of something on the side of the road from the green strap. Also, Chelan Butte herd down at the bottom of Navarre Coulee, also standing in the road. Got a video of the young rams climbing the cliff but too big to post. Sorry, more phone photos, not nearly as nice as Guy's!
20200215_124558.jpg20200215_124625.jpg20200216_163743.jpg20200216_163819.jpg

Very cool. Didn't see this until today. :)

Ya, that Swakane herd does like the highway.

Guy

Swakane herd back on the highway today, we saw them up on the mountain and were watching for a while, then this group of youngsters came down and tried to cross the road. This pretty young guy ran right out into the far lane until a car came around the corner, then he decided to head back, was able to scare them up off the road a little ways. Had a better camera today, the kids were able to snap a few pictures out the window.IMG_3201.JPGIMG_3200.JPGIMG_3197.JPG

Read my last post, this area burned again this year.

Real nice Swakane ram on the highway yesterday, too bad @Guy wasn't around with his sweet photography skills.

View attachment 202027View attachment 202028View attachment 202029
Even better one got smoked on the highway the other day. They've figured out that fence.

Did you see the new WA state record was taken this year? Too bad it was an out-of-stater! LOL

Even better one got smoked on the highway the other day. They've figured out that fence.

Did you see the new WA state record was taken this year? Too bad it was an out-of-stater! LOL
Yeah looking like the fence needs to be extended south, probably an easement nightmare. Heard about the record but hadn't seen that article, thanks.

Third sheep tag for him in WA? I’m guessing he’s spending a TON on raffle tickets. Meanwhile good luck to the common guy getting a single tag anywhere in a lifetime
So much of that makes me want to puke. But I mean I was had that kind of money I would probably do something similar.

First, he killed a Dall’s sheep in 2012 in the uppermost region of the Northwest Territories. In 2013, he killed a Stone’s. And then came 2015. He killed a desert ram in October and a bighorn in November.

He’s no stranger to the area, having taken record-book bighorns there in 2015 and 2016.

within range of his McWhorter 7mm STW [>5k]

Guerrieri works in the banking business

That was last year's ram.
This year's raffle tag went to a resident.

If you look at some of the western state's raffle records, it's pretty clear some folks wait until the last minute and buy X amount of tickets which gives them a high probability of drawing, probably over 50%, at a significantly lower cost than an auction tag. Obviously risky though. The Oregon results certainly show a few people are doing it.

If you look at some of the western state's raffle records, it's pretty clear some folks wait until the last minute and buy X amount of tickets which gives them a high probability of drawing, probably over 50%, at a significantly lower cost than an auction tag. Obviously risky though. The Oregon results certainly show a few people are doing it.
Good catch on 2020 vs 2021

And then right the costs off as a donation or business expense

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back