More WA birds a'fallin

What I get out of this thread

#1. SneakyJake and friends have sucessful hunt...great pics...

WTG and Congrats:cool:

#2. Somebody else didn't have a tag filled and do not like the fact that they didn't.

At least they could have said congrats to SneakyJake before complaining.;)

I'm still trying to figure out why I got to put a turkey in my bum. Here are some more dead birds from the past, courtesy of hard work, years of determination, and many empty bottles.

Attachments

• Jeff4thtur.jpg
    Jeff4thtur.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 61
  • nwtf1.jpg
    nwtf1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 66
  • JeffTurkey2004.jpg
    JeffTurkey2004.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 61
  • openingday04.jpg
    openingday04.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 59
I didn't give Oscar any lip, because UNLIKE you, he made some good points,

Thats right Beotch's..... Notice my Good points :D

attachment.php

Uhhh you almost didn't duck low enough to get in that picture ;)

Awesome bird pic's.

Sneaky Jake,

Putting a turkey up your bum was an attempt at humor, sometimes people stop chewing your ass if you make them laugh. :)

CJCJ,

Yeah Sneaky Jake and Co killed all six of them... :rolleyes:

Looks like they put the feeder closer and closer to the farmhouse each year. :p

Krusty
wave1.gif

Krusty,
This quote ought sum it up. Unless you want me to post 24 yrs of ded turkey pics!

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after." --Henry David Thoreau

It is an excellent quote. I've heard avid fly fishermen say that fish interrupt the fishing.

Pops,
No proof. Wanna drop by the shop for an adult frosty beverage? I'll show you the tails I've picked up while mushroom hunting!
hump

Wally,

I am well read, even Thoreau, though I find him too wordy... and that's saying a lot, coming from me.

At the other end of the spectrum; Robert Service also put it well... "It's not the gold that I'm wanting, as much as just finding the gold."

I did say;

I did cover some awesome country, found a half dozen shed antlers, some morel spots, and some new places to call predators.
Next year I'll cover more ground, find more antlers, and have a better time...

I imply that I had a good time, just being out in the woods.
But as much as I recognize the joy in that, nobody can say that there is not more joy in bagging what you're after.

It was good, it coulda been better. :)

I don't have to kill a turkey, I just want to know they exist, and hear one gobble.

Krusty
wave1.gif

I've seen Turkeys all over this State. I haven't gone turkey hunting but I've seen them while deer, elk, bear and pheasant hunting and while out taking the dog for a walk. I've seen them in Capitol Forest, near Colville, by Johnson Creek and the Skookumchuck River, Lincoln Creek area of Lewis County, Pomeroy, and Teanaway. There seems to be more and more Turkeys every year........heck one of these years I may have to shoot one.....and I wouldn't even try to shove it up anyones ass.:D

Hey Curly, next time you hit any of those areas, you should take Krusty with you.
He said he couldnt find em in some of those areas you just mentioned.... maybe its cause you aint looking to kill one that you see em....LOL

The flock in Teanaway is sure gettin large. Do you recall how many you saw there? The 1 flock I saw there I counted 12.

Cameron, just last November I saw a big flock there...must have been at least 50 birds. I even have pictures to prove it. And no, I wasn't even looking for turkeys at the time. :D

Thanks for passin that on. Tells me they are getting better. I guess the secret is to not be looking for them in order to find them.... But then if you arent looking for them I guess you wouldnt be turkey hunting. And then if you werent turkey hunting and you found one, you would be poaching if you shot it. SO I dont know what to say to you Krusty.

Poached turkey sounds tasty. :p

Krusty
wave1.gif

P.S. I seen turkeys... all hens and never during hunting season, three on the RR tracks in Cusik, six in a state park in Goldendale, one on the side of Hwy 20 (on the pavement), and some (10-15) turkeys in the winery just north of Skookumchuck (too far away to do anything but tell they were turkeys.
I wanna know gobblers are, and do.

Cam, I also saw a flock of 50 or so out in a cultivated field. There were Toms in the flock. It was during elk season November 2004. I also saw a couple about a mile or so away from the big flock; I heard one clucking and snuck up near it before it took flight about 30 yards away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back