More opposition to grizzly hunting

In a fantastic twist... Good to see Fed Attorneys pushing back against the environmental extremists and the Missoula judge!

Federal attorneys pushed their case that Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem grizzly bears should be removed from Endangered Species Act protection, arguing in an appeal filed late Friday the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wasn’t required to do a comprehensive review of all grizzlies in the Lower 48 states.

In a fantastic twist... Good to see Fed Attorneys pushing back against the environmental extremists and the Missoula judge!

I didn't realize the Crow had to do with this as well.

The plaintiffs who won last September’s Crow Tribe v. Zinke case overturning the grizzly delisting rule get until July 22 to respond. The appeals process allows three more back-and-forth responses before a final hearing.

Most just don't understand that bears are turning up at DQ in towns like Cody, that's not going to work. As much as I hate to say it there will probably need to be a high profile attack/death in a town to really make people understand what's going on

If this is this case Big Fin should definitely get the first tag. That would make for a great episode. I’m sure he has it scouted out.

That's the crazy part. Most people have no idea that 75 bears are dying each year, many due to human conflict. Yet everyone freaks out that we were going to hunt 10. Most just don't understand that bears are turning up at DQ in towns like Cody, that's not going to work. As much as I hate to say it there will probably need to be a high profile attack/death in a town to really make people understand what's going on.

There are already several maulings a year in the Cody/Jackson/Pinedale regions and people still don't care. I think the irony of the situation is A LOT of the management for this species is already being conducted by state wildlife officials working collaboratively with the feds. The USFWS for the most part would like to see the management sent back to WY, MT and ID because they already know the large carnivore biologists in these states are currently handling a big portion of the management practices anyway. Sadly, very few people who are adamantly against a grizzly bear hunt actually take the time to look up the amount of bears that are already killed on a yearly basis as a means of management. I'm not sure how we could bring that to light with more clarity than what you linked from the USGS.

Back