Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

More Firsts...(no pics)

1_pointer

The only time I went hunting this year without the camera. |oo I'm down in Phoenix for two weeks for work, so I hooked up with FEW Sat. and Sun and we chased some birds and coyotes. I shot my first Gambel's quail, jackrabbit, and coyote (which I didn't find :BLEEP: ) I'll have some pics of the Gambels in a year or so once the taxidermist gets them back to me. They are one pretty little bird. We stumbled into a few doves which we got a few of. One question, has anyone here shot dove out west and back east?? These doves seemed to be about 1/2 the size of the ones I remember shooting back in IN. Hopefully, it's not some of that getting older sendrome where things were always bigger/better in the past. :cool:

so I hooked up with FEW
You naughty boy. :eek: :D

I got to hunt quail with Forrest last year and had a ball. I hope to do it again one of these days. Looking forward to seeing the mount job. How will they be posed?

Did you lose the coyote on the drive back to the cache valley? were you shot gunning the dog or rifling him?

Did you see any baby mountain goats?

miller- I'm thinking having the hen feeding with the @#)(# (I'm guessing that's the right terminology) standing upright looking around with some prickly pear in the background. But, it may be awhile before these go to the taxidermist as I need to get one done that looks like this first.
GRPC39.jpg

Hoping I'll have a lesser version of the same to get done as well! :D

Tbone- No, the dog was lost in AZ as I drew blood, but we didn't find it. We were hunting just north of Phoenix which is a shotgun only area. No baby mtn goats ;), those are in SD! :D

Carnivore- I don't have any pics, but I'm 99% sure they were mourning doves. At least they looked just like the ones I shot in IN, only smaller. I'm guessing that has to do with the larger amount of corn field in IN.

Ithaca- That could very well be true. That was the first hunt I went on this year without a camera! |oo The quail were fun. If you ever decide to go you can pick me up on your way south! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back