More bowfishing pics

174in

DSC00226.jpg
My buddy with a tie dye oneida osprey

DSC00227.jpg

Common carp from our scouting trip.It was a little chilly out glad I had my bowfishing extreme sweatshirt on.any one looking to get in the sport of bowfishing and is looking for gear bowfishing extreme.com has all kinds of bowfishing stuff and great service

I've noticed that folks whom bowfish seem to use Onieda's much more often than others. Is there a reason?

Yea the oneidas make a awsome bowfishing bow You can fid them easy with draw weights of around 40# wich is about right for fish.They are very easy to tune and repair without a bowpress needed.Very versitile bow also with just a switch of mods you can gofrom 20% letoff all the way up to 75% letoff.You will not find a smoother drawing bow on the market much smother draw than even a solocam bow.Low % letoff is needed for good arrow flight when snap shooting (drawing the bow back 1/2 way and leting the arrow go) wich is common in bowfishing.Also for winter shooting if you are wading in the water and get your bottom cam of a regular bow wet ice can form on your cam and derail the bow string with the oneidas you dont have to worry about that.The only bow you will see in my hand bow fishing is an oneida eagle.

Thanks for the info! I have a 48# Pearson recurve that I haven't shot too much. I may have to rig it up and see about shooting some fish. Any recommendations on bow reels?

Looks like a blast. Can you show some closeups of your bow setup. How do you keep your string from getting caught.

Thanks for the info! I have a 48# Pearson recurve that I haven't shot too much. I may have to rig it up and see about shooting some fish. Any recommendations on bow reels?

Re-curve bows work great for bowfishing... There light and easy to get quick shots off, like the Onieda's.

I'd recommend an AMS Bowfishing retriever real: http://www.amsbowfishing.com/

If your serious about it, send be a PM - I'll see if I can get a good deal on one for you.

Careful though.... this sport is addicting...

Is the string connected at the back of the arrow or to the front. It looks like in the pic that its on the back. Have bowhunted alot just not bowfished and it seems like when you draw the string could get hooked.

Some people tie to the back of the arrows but it can be dangerous and I advise against it.I use the AMS saftey slide system the slide goes althe way forward to the piont of the arrow and when shot it slides back to a stop.

Thats what I was wondering, thanks for the info. My wifes going to hate it cause I need to buy another bow now.

After getting into this sport I dont even care to have a rod and reel in my hand anymore.Its addicting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back