More beavers

Man your slaying them how long of a trap line do you run? Or is there large concentrations of beavers where your at?

Man your slaying them how long of a trap line do you run? Or is there large concentrations of beavers where your at?
I’m being a lazy beaver trapper hitting the creeks at culverts and bridges so it’s mainly ditch trapping. Have to love spring dispersion. I use my quad at two spots only and that’s only cause I was asked to get those two particular spots. Not sure how many miles it is 20-30 I guess. I only own 17 330’s.

Nice job ! I'd like to have a couple of beaver pelts from Canada to get tanned,plucked and sheared for some projects.
How' s the price this year ?

Thats a far cry from $35-55 in the 70s. A lot of time skinning and fleshing. I don't think I could do it for that price.
Yes prices have sucked on beavers as long as I have done it. Few years back we used to get 30$/tail bounty but tha. Gone now. Unfortunately for the beavers I had a week of holidays I needed to use up so they are getting hit hard. Also unfortunately for them is bears love beavers and I love to hunt bears and I keep them well fed lol

My best year was 50 and the best price was $70 for a blanket. I always threatened to have a mid-thigh coat made. I always liked the fur and it's really durable. The bonus when I was younger was that if some anti-trapping nut tried to spray paint me, I could pound the crap out of them. The pelts were always worth too much and I was to poor to have the coat made. Probably saved me some jail time.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back