Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Moosies

I got a set of the DWRs at the Denver show and have used them on a couple of hunts. Very comfy, good features and warm. The pants are very warm.....I run hot anyway and find them best suited for me in blinds and waterfowl hunting. I would burn up if I was moving much in them.....if you are naturally cold they would probably be good for you to move in. Also sizing runs small, which Moosie is very upfront about. I usually wear a XXL top and XL bottom (I don't like tight clothes and I am about 6' and 230 currently....38in waist and 50 in chest) and he directed me to the 3XL set which suit me well. Good product and value!!

My Family loves the gear, I love the fact that camo doesn’t have to break the bank to be great gear and the youth upgrade program is great for my kids, camo will always fit!

Attachments

• EA837524-963C-4C97-8A04-33D97C1C455C.jpeg
    EA837524-963C-4C97-8A04-33D97C1C455C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 73AA50F4-ED8C-4213-8576-552E4C2AD6C0.jpeg
    73AA50F4-ED8C-4213-8576-552E4C2AD6C0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • B033DB1E-A438-4DDD-AEDA-88F2B7635154.jpeg
    B033DB1E-A438-4DDD-AEDA-88F2B7635154.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 9C849B0F-43E2-4FEE-85AA-7C0EE5E12B89.jpeg
    9C849B0F-43E2-4FEE-85AA-7C0EE5E12B89.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 87A592A6-AC34-4049-8C34-CE8717070FF2.jpeg
    87A592A6-AC34-4049-8C34-CE8717070FF2.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 19
  • C4C2F28A-4799-4EB2-AB9D-1EE48A63DBDB.jpeg
    C4C2F28A-4799-4EB2-AB9D-1EE48A63DBDB.jpeg
    679.1 KB · Views: 20
I'll definitely look at picking something up to try. But I have a serious question. Who on earth thought they should reinvent the wheel on size measurements for men's clothing???

First off, thanks for the kind words.

@np307 , Valid question. Sizing to me fits good. When you get to the 2XL - 6XL the sizing changes dramatically from company to company. My first cut as 3XL and 4XL was off. We have since resized it and I think they are closer. I have some people telling me the DWR sets fit a little lose, some say it's just right, and others say it's small a size. I spent quiet a bit of time measuring companies items and ultimately think we have a fairly reputable measurement.

That said, we have a Video reference to measurements on all out products. there is a link at the top with a Video of my wife explaining it. You basically measure your existing jacket you like, look at the chart with 2-3 measurements and bang, you have it. If the measurements aren't right when you receive the items, I'll send another size and cover the cost.

Continuing on sizing, I would recommend to go up from your normal size with the DWR. It's fleece lines, designed to wear over another item. When you go to the QL-M2 It fits pretty much true to size because it's designed to wear as is. The Tesla Rain set is an Athletic cut so if you are going light which most people do its fine but if you layer under it go up a size. Everyone wears cloths differently.

Most all my pants I sell have Elastic so it goes up and down sizing. I've tried my best to incorporate ease and keep pricing down. they also have Belt loops.

@MaddH , thanks for starting the thread, any questions from you or anyone else Email me personally @ [email protected]

......If anyone here questions the sizing, email me and I'll send you out some cloths. If you like it, you pay, If not, I'll pay to send it back and you are out nothing. I'll even send you 2 sizes and send the other back.

One thing we do is go from 4T to 6XL, most company's don't. The kids and youth have a Great upgrade program. When they outgrow it, send it back in, I'll send you a new set for 1/2 the cost. All the info is on the website.

We are a trusting , handshake company first, Let me know how I can take care of you, earn your business to save you money and to make sure you are fitted properly. I'm old school redneck. I don't know any better ;)

-Moosie

First off, thanks for the kind words.

@np307 , Valid question. Sizing to me fits good. When you get to the 2XL - 6XL the sizing changes dramatically from company to company. My first cut as 3XL and 4XL was off. We have since resized it and I think they are closer. I have some people telling me the DWR sets fit a little lose, some say it's just right, and others say it's small a size. I spent quiet a bit of time measuring companies items and ultimately think we have a fairly reputable measurement.
I can understand that, and the video is very helpful. I actually wasnt referring to size name (large, medium, etc) but to the actual measurements. When I first saw the size chart I immediately thought something was wrong when your chest measurements and arm measurements were so far off the standard suit/dress shirt size measurements.

The video does explain it well though. Thanks for the response.

I sure hope he ran this by Randy...

Randy ? Who is that guy ? You talking about @Big Fin , the boss man ? ;) I have compromising pictures of him and @IdahoBugler so it's all good.

Seriously though, I talked to Randy 3 years ago when I kicked off the company idea and got his blessing. He said it was OK. I still see him from time to time and him and his boy Mathew swung by at a show this year and we talked about it again.

If I step over a line he'll nuke me like anyone else though. OK, maybe I have a little longer leash than some but he knows I have nothing but respect for him and his sponsors.

I don't compete with the real boys and real companies. I'm a gnat on a fly's butt in the camo apparel world and I hope to stay that way.

Thanks for asking though, Valid question.

@stillkickin , I'm selling a pile of kids DWR sets. at least 3-4 pair a year ;) But yah, that program from a business financial standpoint doesn't make sense but it does create loyal customers. Jacket pants combo on the websites $129 on sale. Kids outgrow them, small rips, broken zippers or missing buttons no problem. I take them in as used and their next set is 1/2 cost. I have my seamstress sew up the garments and I sell as used for cost or I pile them up and donate to youth organizations.

@choc dogs , I have 4T up to 5XL in the DWR. I have a local Seamstress that can adjust leg sizes or whatever. You know I'll take care of ya. Email me any time : [email protected]

Randy ? Who is that guy ? You talking about @Big Fin , the boss man ? ;) I have compromising pictures of him and @IdahoBugler so it's all good.

Seriously though, I talked to Randy 3 years ago when I kicked off the company idea and got his blessing. He said it was OK. I still see him from time to time and him and his boy Mathew swung by at a show this year and we talked about it again.

If I step over a line he'll nuke me like anyone else though. OK, maybe I have a little longer leash than some but he knows I have nothing but respect for him and his sponsors.

I don't compete with the real boys and real companies. I'm a gnat on a fly's butt in the camo apparel world and I hope to stay that way.

Thanks for asking though, Valid question.

That was a very nice explanation, but I was being sarcastic... I'm surprised the internet police didn't turn you in.

I knew "you" knew....although I also know you don't know much, but There are some Richard-Heads I'm sure calling Fin up as I type this..... You wanna take that bet ?

Hey, you see my new Mask ? Wife made it for me in @#CRCamo M1 Green. I feel special. Special Ed, but still Special.

Mask.jpg

I knew "you" knew....although I also know you don't know much, but There are some Richard-Heads I'm sure calling Fin up as I type this..... You wanna take that bet ?

Hey, you see my new Mask ? Wife made it for me in @#CRCamo M1 Green. I feel special. Special Ed, but still Special.

View attachment 137532
Probably sell a few of those to turkey hunters!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back