Caribou Gear Tarp

Moose Score Sheet Is Complete

Yeah - Montana. I got him in 2007. Fred also measured him and he’ll be tied with yours from the looks of that score sheet.

As most people here already know, I had gotten lucky in the moose draw last fall, but in the wrong area. I guess 2 wrongs can make a right, as I ended up with a dandy moose. Waiting for the required drying time was like waiting for Santa as a kid. Finally, almost 2 months past the required drying time, I got the official score.

From jubilation to depression in the moose lottery, I was real fortunate to get a nice moose in the wrong area. After research and scouting, I was able to locate a couple real nice bulls in the summer.

When hunting season opened, those bulls were not to be found. After a couple trips and talking to people in the area, I was to find this bull and have him close the range from 1000 yards to almost the back of my truck.

I would like to think it was all skill, but seasoned with good luck, I was blessed with a good bull...

View attachment 169894View attachment 169895
it would look better with a selfie taking young lady behind it, but I guess you will do. Great moose!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back