moose Reissue

SandyCreek

Well i got contacted today for a reissue cow moose archery tag in Colorado unit 7 i have until tomorrow to decide wether or not to take the tag.. normally id be jazzed but i kind of already penciled my september in with some elk hunts.. should i cancel those and just commit to moose since my odds as a nonresident of any tag again probably aren't great? id love a bull tag for some of the big guys I've seen but i realize that's probably a pipe dream

Take it!! Don’t pass up the opportunity for a ton of amazing meat
+1
sam.jpg

a.jpg

We have a cabin 5 minutes from unit 7. I can tell you that unit has some great moose habitat and there are lots of moose. I would take the moose tag and enjoy some moose meat and a nice throw from the hide.
And personally unless your elk tag is some special low odds draw I'd take the moose tag no question. If you choose the tag I can give you some spots to check out.

We have a cabin 5 minutes from unit 7. I can tell you that unit has some great moose habitat and there are lots of moose. I would take the moose tag and enjoy some moose meat and a nice throw from the hide.
And personally unless your elk tag is some special low odds draw I'd take the moose tag no question. If you choose the tag I can give you some spots to check out.

mind made.. taking the tag! i had a wyoming ben tag i was going to spend some serious time on. but maybe ill punch the moose tag early or forgo the elk until rifle. pretty excited after I've had a minute to think on it. Ajax i might have to shoot you a message here when i have some free time. ill be out before labor day visiting the in-laws in Fort collins, so it should be easy to sneak up the canyon to do some scouting.

mind made.. taking the tag! i had a wyoming ben tag i was going to spend some serious time on. but maybe ill punch the moose tag early or forgo the elk until rifle. pretty excited after I've had a minute to think on it. Ajax i might have to shoot you a message here when i have some free time. ill be out before labor day visiting the in-laws in Fort collins, so it should be easy to sneak up the canyon to do some scouting.
I live just east of fort Collins so if you want to meet up i can show you spots and I might even have some maps laying around I could mark up for you! Just let me know!

Take the tag. With the huge group next year eligible with 3 points moose tags will be VERY hard to come by even cow tags. Take it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back