Moose Mounts

Yeah for the spot I had picked in the house for it I thought that would show his character the best. They are huge mounts and you need lots of wall space. This one hangs in our great room dormer. I'm not much on the straight mount pose personally.

Here's my son's moose from last year. Slight right turn. I tried to talk him into a euro mount, but no dice
Looks good!
My dad had his euro’d years ago and tried to convince me to do the same. I was 50/50 until I walked up to this guy, and thoughts went straight to shoulder mount.
I have been fortunate to get a bighorn sheep, and now moose. Hopefully a goat soon, so part of the influence was having all 3 mounted some day (hopefully)

I don’t think I ever shared pictures in this thread. Here are some if anyone was curious 🙂

Attachments

• EE44B042-0A1A-4DE7-A51D-6EEB90127CAC.jpeg
    EE44B042-0A1A-4DE7-A51D-6EEB90127CAC.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 23
  • CBEC9F65-CA7C-4833-AC6B-55B4ECF94F81.jpeg
    CBEC9F65-CA7C-4833-AC6B-55B4ECF94F81.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • 9130A126-5ED0-4E5E-A1E3-9CBC0277A07D.jpeg
    9130A126-5ED0-4E5E-A1E3-9CBC0277A07D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • CF0CE740-D51E-4F36-BD1C-A744DF19D1DC.jpeg
    CF0CE740-D51E-4F36-BD1C-A744DF19D1DC.jpeg
    970.2 KB · Views: 24
Here is a good moose. Took us two and a half days to get the meat out. He was blind in one eye and the other injured from fighting, probably why I was able to take him. Tough weather and tough country. Had a shoulder mount and it is so big i have no where to put it, so it is in storage. He was so old and injured the meat was not the best. Keep things like these in mind. It is a heck of a trophy.BDAABC98-103E-4B77-B4AF-A93D267611BF.jpeg

Here is a good moose. Took us two and a half days to get the meat out. He was blind in one eye and the other injured from fighting, probably why I was able to take him. Tough weather and tough country. Had a shoulder mount and it is so big i have no where to put it, so it is in storage. He was so old and injured the meat was not the best. Keep things like these in mind. It is a heck of a trophy.View attachment 157141
Good lookin moose. Hope you find a place for him.
Sad the meat wasn’t very good. I’ve had it before and it was some of the best meat I’ve had. Anxious to try mine.

Good lookin moose. Hope you find a place for him.
Sad the meat wasn’t very good. I’ve had it before and it was some of the best meat I’ve had. Anxious to try mine.
I have taken several moose from different places they were all good except except this one. He was in tough shape, think i put him out of his misery. Meat flavor ok but meat tough. My wife makes pretty good stew with it.

Last edited:
I did a euro mostly because I was out of money and room. Glad I did. I left the skull a little “dirty” without the skull bright and I like the way it looks. Don’t hang it next to a deer. It’ll make it look a lot smaller!
View attachment 157192
Mitch, that is a whopper. Must be better than sixty inches. Where did you get him? Alaska or Canada? I am finishing up a client's cap mount today that's 57" and it sure looks smaller than yours. I'm guessing you've hung it with Skull Hooker? I make my own hangers. Skull Hookers stick too far out in the room. Moose euro mounted flat against the wall actually takes up surprisingly little space into the room, even the whoppers. Big elk racks are space consuming no matter what you do.

Would recommend getting them to do it with the horns removal wish I had
I asked about that. He said usually only for elk, and Alaskan sized moose. Stuff that gets too wide for doorways.
a little undecided for now..but being on 43” wide, I feel like I may be able to wiggle it through a door ok 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wish I had that problem. Moose is at the top of my bucket list and I don't know that I'm going to ever get the chance to try for one.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back