Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Moo Cow

MNHunter

Ok. So we know it works for Randy. Anybody else used it yet? I'm thinking about it for my trip to WY this year but I'm not sure. Wondering if will work for us regular joes or does the camera need to be rolling? ;)

Mine just arrived on Wednesday. So far I've scared the crap out of my neighbor and my boss.

I'm going to to take it out for archery lopes tomorrow. Will report here with a picture or two maybe.

Mine just arrived on Wednesday. So far I've scared the crap out of my neighbor and my boss.
I'm going to to take it out for archery lopes tomorrow. Will report here with a picture or two maybe.

Why were you putting a stalk on your neighbor and your boss?? :D

Wally,

I did have a tough time until I watched the how-to video on youtube. My right hand wasn't correctly backwards.

I saw a thread on another forum a few days ago, and they killed two archery bucks using a cow decoy on opening day in NM.

Went out yesterday. Found one really good buck that was maybe 14" with good high prongs and and good mass. Got downwind within 150 yards easy enough, popped out the moo cow and took a couple steps at a time stopped and waited. Kept doing this over 30 minutes or so and we were at 71 yards.....The buck stood and started eyeballing me, I needed 10 more yards.

I nocked an arrow, took 10 smooth strides forward and the buck held his ground. I planted the stakes, turned and got comfy, then the cow fell forward, leaving me naked on the prairie.

I quickly drew ,aimed, and porked the release. The arrow came in about 8 inches low and missed clean. That buck went thundering off with his tail on fire.

I tried 2 other stalks with the cow, but I rushed them and they didn't like the blitzing cow approach.

It certainly works, just need to take my time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back