cgasner1
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 24, 2016
- Messages
- 5,814
Maybe he wants to use it like a rv and spend the night places. Who am I to judgeI was gonna say, it takes 10 hrs to charge my camper battery on 30 amps.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Maybe he wants to use it like a rv and spend the night places. Who am I to judgeI was gonna say, it takes 10 hrs to charge my camper battery on 30 amps.
From my research, a level 2 charger at 32 amps would add about 20-30 miles per hour. That would very safely cover my wife’s commute each day.I was gonna say, it takes 10 hrs to charge my camper battery on 30 amps.
That's shockingly fast.From my research, a level 2 charger at 32 amps would add about 20-30 miles per hour. That would very safely cover my wife’s commute each day.
I'll keep in mind.I drive a LOT.Id rent one for a weekend If I was in the market for a new car.
@Nick87 Look at the leasing options too.

Had an '09, it went to Grandson's family when they needed 4 doors for baby. Splendid boring transportation.Newer Toyota camry hybrid get an honest 50+ mpg. Its flat impressive in every way. Its also available with awd and it doesn't need a plug in so unlimitedrange. Only down side is tall people getting in and out.
500mi on a 10gal tank.
I’ve said it before but I’m very happy when I started in my line of work guys talking about paying houses off and maxing out 401k and not horsepowerThis guy is almost forty years old.
Yah we work with all kinds.I’ve said it before but I’m very happy when I started in my line of work guys talking about paying houses off and maxing out 401k and not horsepower
Yea, I got my first SS payment last monthMy budget got better. Got my $90 Medicare check yesterday. Woo-hoo!![]()
My wife and I were commenting the other day, on the lack of small economy cars any more.Many moons ago ditched a $220mo car payment and leased a Fiat500e for $0 down/$209mo. Charged at work only for free, got access to the HOV lane (cut commute time by 45-60 min a day). The most financially responsible car i've ever had. I miss Guiseppe.
View attachment 418982
It really seems like there are hardly any "reasonable" vehicles left. Tens of thousands of add-ons that people drove fine without for decades. On top of that comes the increased insurance premiums.My wife and I were commenting the other day, on the lack of small economy cars any more.
Good discussion and one of my goals is to become better as a couple at budgeting without it becoming emotional.
"Reasonable"It really seems like there are hardly any "reasonable" vehicles left. Tens of thousands of add-ons that people drove fine without for decades. On top of that comes the increased insurance premiums.
Have a basic 2017 Rav-4, the windshield replacement is nearly $800. $200 for the glass, $600 to recalibrate the lane departure sensor. Insanity.
Side by sides is another racket...full size car prices for an item that for *most* spends 50 weeks out of the year in storage.
It can definitely be a challenge. The wife and I are both equally bad at impulse buys, and it took quite some time to recognize we both weren't perfect at it. One of the challenges we face was the thought, "well he spent X on this, I'll spent X on whatever I want." Tit for tat so to speak. Really can get out of hand in the financials. Make sure you celebrate the milestones as much as you stress the setbacks, it'll get easier!