Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana West Yellowstone Buffalo Hunt Partner

dk88

I was lucky enough to draw a West Yellowstone Buffalo Tag this year which starts on November 15th. The biggest hurdle I am running into is always being able to have a few guys tag along with me for packing out, I live in Billings and have a flexible work schedule where I can watch the weather closely and leave town on short notice.

I have a few guys lined up that will tag along for most of the weekends but I was hoping to find a local that would be interested in joining on short notice if I were successful. I know this is a big ask since packing out a buffalo doesn't sound like the greatest time. I would gladly buy the beer and food and send you on your way with plenty of buffalo meat and offer to be your pack mule anytime in the future.

Lots of places to rent a snowmobile or fourwheeler right there depending on what the weathers doing.

I have a 4 wheeler and access to a snowmobile or can rent one, the biggest challenge I think I will have is getting it quartered in the field.

Have some rope along and use your machine to tie up legs etc for the quartering. Used our truck grill guard on both of our last 2 cow bison, you would have though we invented sliced bread the way folks were amazed how easy it made it for the 2 of us to quarter our cows. Make sure you have more than enough knives for the skinning part.

Good luck though, hope you find some help when you need it.

Back