Montana vs South Dakota State

The Griz have played ugly football the last couple games - both OTs that could've gone either way. I give em a chance, because they have a defense that can create possibilities, but the fact is SDSU could say the same thing louder. The Griz do have the most electric special teams player in the FCS in Junior Bergen. I don't know what to think of Clifton McDowell. He plays emotionless and seems to think slow, but when he executes he executes well.

I'll be rooting for the Griz but it's gonna be steep odds.

The spread feels about right. Gonna take a a few things breaking right for sure! The playoff and brawl wins at home were the big W this year for program momentum IMO. I honestly probably care less about this game than those.

I'd love to see a good game. I wouldn't necessarily call the last two Griz games "ugly" football, though. They weren't being penalized left and right, they were just well-matched with their opponents. Which led to tight defensive games where special teams makes a difference. And boy have they.

Also noteworthy: SDSU only beat the bobcats by 4 points early in the season, 20-16 whereas the Griz beat the cats by 30, 37-7. Then again, SDSU solidly beat NDSU 33-16 later in the season.

I think this comes down to who shows up.

No dog in fight but would like to see Montana win. If i was a betting man (and i am) i would parlay SD moneyline & under. I think its closer and lower scoring than books think. My guessing is it comes down to last few minutes and single score.

SDSU alum here so gotta root for the Jacks. I'm sure SDSU's special teams have been prepping the entire time for Montana's return game. I'd be shocked if Junior sees a kick or punt even close to his zip code. SDSU has had an elite run defense the past couple of seasons. If they make Montana one dimensional it could be a long day for them. Can't say I'd be heartbroken if Montana pulls it off.

Die hard Griz fan and hope they pull out the W. Gonna be tough!. I watched the cats/sdsu game and if mellot doesn't get hut, I think cats win that game. But sdsu hasn't had a game even close since that game. Griz offense has t looked stellar last few games but think that's just good defense from their opponents. This Griz team is gritty this year though.

GO GRIZ!

Would like to see the Griz win but doubtful. I think SDSU shuts down the run game and forces McDowell to win with his arm. Return game won’t save them this time and Jacks win.

I'd love to see a good game. I wouldn't necessarily call the last two Griz games "ugly" football, though. They weren't being penalized left and right, they were just well-matched with their opponents. Which led to tight defensive games where special teams makes a difference. And boy have they.

Also noteworthy: SDSU only beat the bobcats by 4 points early in the season, 20-16 whereas the Griz beat the cats by 30, 37-7. Then again, SDSU solidly beat NDSU 33-16 later in the season.

I think this comes down to who shows up.
I think comparing the sdsu vs cats to the brawl is apples and oranges. Cats were much healthier when they played in Brookings vs playing the brawl.

SDSU is unstoppable. I believe a 30 game win streak. Beat Albany 59-0 in their last game.

Who ever predicted a 12.5 point spread is smoking crack. My money is on SDSU.

I do think the best two teams made it to the finals. I’ve read others say that the SDSU side of the bracket was weaker. I only watched the Griz games, so I can’t say. There’s no doubt SDSU is a powerhouse. Either way we will find out Sunday.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back