Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana unit 652 buck tag

We hunted 4 days in the unit and also never saw anybody out hunting any distance from the truck. This
was also very surprising to me and my hunting partners, but this is very common no matter where we hunt running into hunters that are willing to put in the effort to get away from two tracks seem to be far and few betweeen. Montana advocate we saw where you shot your buck, area we considered hunting because most people can overlook those areas
Trucker we ran into you many times on the road, we should of stopped and said hi. All in all it looks like we all got to shoot very respectable bucks. Still trying to post mine just can't figure it out.

Got my tooth root information back from MT fish and game today. Said my buck was only 2 years old. I thought he might have been a bit older then that. Should have let him grow 3-4 more years :D

That deer was 2 years old? Would have never guessed.
Can that even be accurate? Man you never know....

Reviving an old thread. Hunting this unit this weekend. Hope it's good to me. Will be fun regardless

7yr old buck from last year, had many days scouting for 2 years. there was a 28-30 in wide 2pt with this guy,, lot of 150 class bucks, you can kill that caliber across hwy

Attachments

• 20201105_115944.jpg
    20201105_115944.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 101
Like everything with the MTFWP, they can't stand to have a unit that isn't pounded into just another place to hunt.

Had a great hunt there with my family who drew on a party applicantion 3-4 years ago.

200 tags in that unit is 100 too many, IMO.

Good luck. It’s warm and no snow yet. They will be spread out all over the place.
Yeah deer are spread out. Chasing some but there is a pickup on every trail. They are gonna shoot out this unit in short order. Haven't seen anything to get excited about.
That unit needs to go back to 50 tags. 200 is way to many.
Yeah its such a small unit why can't they leave it alone and actually have one area that is extremely limited and actually produce some monsters instead of turning everything into a 150 is a whopper type of hunting unit.

On the FWP's website it says they only issued 125 tags. Looked at Gohunt, previous to 2020 the number of tags given was below 100. Perhaps im missing something?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back