Montana Unit 350 and 318

Arrowed

The excitement is building and I can hardly focus on work anymore. I'm sure everyone on this forum can relate. With the archery season just around the corner my dad and I are considering a new unit in Montana this year. We have a general combo tag and have 10 days in the middle of September to hunt. We are looking hard at unit 350 and 318. My dad is 60 and we really just want to have as many encounters as possible. Does anyone have any insight into these units? Is there a lot of archery hunters? Good elk numbers? Good camping spots? Best Access roads? Etc.
With it being my dad's 60th birthday today made me realize I only have so many hunts left with him. I want to make every one of them count. We live in Minnesota so it's really hard to get out there during the summer to pre Scout. Any solid information would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if preferred thank you so much and best luck to you all in the field this year. #God'scountry

The best advice I can give you is when asking for advice to say where (mountain range) you’re going. I’ve hunted and lived in and screwed around all over Montana nearly all my life and the unit numbers just kind of blend together, especially since they aren’t the same for other species.
People will more easily help you if they don’t have to pull up a unit map to see where you’re talking about.

The best advice I can give you is when asking for advice to say where (mountain range) you’re going. I’ve hunted and lived in and screwed around all over Montana nearly all my life and the unit numbers just kind of blend together, especially since they aren’t the same for other species.
People will more easily help you if they don’t have to pull up a unit map to see where you’re talking about.
I appreciate the advice! It is the Boulder Mountain Range.

"...Is there a lot of archery hunters? Good elk numbers?..."
Sorry, no solid information on those areas. I will say that the the answer to these two questions above should be highly correlated. If they differ, you should be suspicious. Check harvest information if you want some idea of the number of elk.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back