Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana SUPER TAGS!

thecrittergitter

I was thinking after our final day of our super tag hunt here in Montana, it would be neat to see the pics of the other super tag winners! I will start off the show with the photos from our 3 months of "supertag" hunting! ENJOY:BLEEP:|oo

Any bets says Montana FWP won't extend season for us buffalo folk even though they make it so easy to extend the elk season for all the lazy elk hunters:)

Attachments

• Buff Tag1.JPG
    Buff Tag1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 447
  • Buff Tag 2.JPG
    Buff Tag 2.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 444
Giving me second thoughts on applying for bison in Montana this coming year...heard it was a real bust this year.

A bust is an understatement. There was only one buffalo to leave the park. It was killed on the first day of the season. No other buffalo taken. Hell of a bad year to draw a tag, especially the super tag.

Uffda, that sucks. You would think that the lords of hunting justice would eventually do something to make that right.

But, in hunting, as in many aspects of life, there is no justice.

Bummer!

That really does suck. I've been watching for your post with a dead buffalo in it, hopefully you guys still had a good time down there.

Yea, sucks bigtime. Its one thing to draw a once in a lifetime type tag and hunt hard and pass critters up but to not even get the opportunity to go just bites. Spent one to two days a week down waiting for one to stroll out but alas, no takers.

I don't think the 1600 buffalo wipeout last year helped much and to add to the mild weather, tough deal.

I do want to say thanks to Greenhorn for the company on scouting and expertise as well as all the people who kept their eyes peeled for us.

I talked to fish and game today. I'm hoping the other people who drew tags will call and request that if bison do eventually come out and the fish and game needs to "control" them, that they at least call all the bison tag holders to come assist before they just dump them all. The more that call in, the better chance we have at that happening. I have the contact name and # for anyone if they want I can PM it to them.....

My sister is # 37 0n the cow list and is pretty bummed out with how the animals haven't been coming out. I hope also that the powers that be call the people with bull tags and the cow lists instead of wholesale roundups like last year.

Not only did my wife get the supertag but i too was low on the cow/calf list.

I spoke to the powers at be and i can pretty much guarantee that no cow/calf people will be called due to the fetus development stage. There is a remote chance that all the people who hold the bull tags could get a call but considering i'm actually watching snow melt in my yard, i doubt it will happen:)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back