Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana rules

7Bartman

I've been through the Montana rule book twice, but admittedly I'm a little nervous hunting there with some of the weird rules. Anything quirky rule wise you guys can think of that a nonresident should watch out for?

Just make sure you understand them. If there's anything you're confused about, whether it's the generic regs in the front of the book or stuff specific to the unit you're hunting in, call someone to clear it up for you. Regional offices, biologists, wardens.

Reactions: JMG
Why ? Pretty cut and dry. If it’s either sex tag no evidence required. Doe tags keep sack buck tag keep nuts
It’s easier when you back up to them with the pickup like most the North Dakotans I see. Even if they have to off-road on blm. Which brings me to my next point don’t drive off established roads.
Edit: or if on forest service follow travel management.
2E27065A-6E3D-409C-88E3-EC8FAE033277.jpeg

Last edited:
Why ? Pretty cut and dry. If it’s either sex tag no evidence required. Doe tags keep sack buck tag keep nuts

You’d think it would be. But people screw up every year with it. And considering this is in the elk section it’s probably going to be quartered. Which means from what wardens have told me is that you still need evidence of sex. A skull capped rack does not count

You’d think it would be. But people screw up every year with it. And considering this is in the elk section it’s probably going to be quartered. Which means from what wardens have told me is that you still need evidence of sex. A skull capped rack does not count
But if it’s in an either sex unit, no proof of sex is required.

On either sex tag it don’t matter no evidence is required

Thanks everyone. I somewhat familiar with the evidence of sex. I typically leave part of the sack on the hind quarter. It seems like an area you could easily run into trouble (e.g., you're hunting in an either sex unit and kill a cow, but have it butchered 50 miles away in a different unit).
Also, any good butcher recommendations in area between Butte and Dillon? Thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back