Montana Mule Deer Mismanagement

Hey. I have 5 acres. 4000 square foot lodge. No really close neighbors. You can get cow elk tags and whitetail over the counter. Let me know. I'll sell for the right price. mtmuley

If that doesn’t work for him I’ve got a little land with a shop and a small house I’ll sell him. Though the wind never quits blowing and your in the middle of BFE. Even leave the wife’s goats on it and he can shoot those
 
I mean it's really hard to have a ton of sympathy for most people as geographic mobility has never been cheaper and wages have never been more transparent. I choose to live where I do out of a combination of the pros and cons and a heavy dose of convenience and inertia. I assume you Montanan's do the same. It's getting shittier here, it sounds like it's getting shittier there, unfortunately I/we (nr) are contributing to it. At some point I may have to re evaluate my choice. I assume you will too. I'm glad I don't have to deal with Texans or Californians or grizzly bears.

But you'all do live in the last best place.
 
I mean it's really hard to have a ton of sympathy for most people as geographic mobility has never been cheaper and wages have never been more transparent. I choose to live where I do out of a combination of the pros and cons and a heavy dose of convenience and inertia. I assume you Montanan's do the same. It's getting shittier here, it sounds like it's getting shittier there, unfortunately I/we (nr) are contributing to it. At some point I may have to re evaluate my choice. I assume you will too. I'm glad I don't have to deal with Texans or Californians or grizzly bears.

But you'all do live in the last best place.
And another out of state assumption that just doesn’t hold true these days.

MT Cost of living used to be far below the national average. When I left college in early 2000’s and moved west, a 3 bedroom house in western MT was $600/month. I remember visiting friends in Seattle they were paying 1500/mo for a 1-2 bedroom apartment . We were shocked.

When I started working seasonally, there were a lot of people that worked for the NPS in the summer and the ski hill in the winter. They could all still buy a house. Used to be a lot more locals working for us.

Not so much anymore. Total shift in employees. Investing a lot more tax payer money into non local employees that leave after one season.
 
I mean it's really hard to have a ton of sympathy for most people as geographic mobility has never been cheaper and wages have never been more transparent. I choose to live where I do out of a combination of the pros and cons and a heavy dose of convenience and inertia. I assume you Montanan's do the same. It's getting shittier here, it sounds like it's getting shittier there, unfortunately I/we (nr) are contributing to it. At some point I may have to re evaluate my choice. I assume you will too. I'm glad I don't have to deal with Texans or Californians or grizzly bears.

But you'all do live in the last best place.
While they may be transparent they are worlds apart in different areas, regardless. I realize not thays not the case for every line of work but a lot of them it is. No employer in MT or WY etc gives a shit what I get paid here.
 
While they may be transparent they are worlds apart in different areas, regardless. I realize not thays not the case for every line of work but a lot of them it is. No employer in MT or WY etc gives a shit what I get paid here.
Totally. My point is if you want to make a shit load of money you may not also have a cheap cost of living, nor world class hunting out your back door. That might have been possible in the past but the gigs up.

I choose to forgo good hunting and affordable housing for high wages, good schools, and great outdoor access. I get to hunt for less than two weeks a year. It sucks but my gawd I don't have multiple 100+ page threads complaining my situation. If it sucks so bad, move. It's literally never been easier.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,175
Messages
2,252,282
Members
39,106
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top