Montana Mule Deer Mismanagement

I love being told what’s best for us by out of state folks while we get priced out of the idea of ever having a little land (or even owning a decent house).
Lots of folks do here? And in the legislature.

Just have to be paid and good at befuddling some gullible people.
 
Why are you worried about land prices increasing? It could be argued that is a positive.
Agreed but that is not how things have been framed in the movement (APR is bad but nonresident landowners are somehow good give them tags). I am usually in the minority but that is not what I want Montana to become. I see the hypocrisy of it.
 
Man I'm glad y'all are getting this sorted out! Must be close after 179 pages.

I don't have time to think about the herd as a NR. I just show up to shoot rutted up forkies while propping up the local economy.
Username checks out maybe we can change the name of this thread
 
I imagine a lot of these tags are sold under the table (you know, not "transfered")
Landowner sponsored deer tags have been a commercial commodity for over 30 years. It’s nothing new. They’ll “sponsor” you for the tag and then you pay a trespass fee and/or rent a bunkhouse.

Edited to add: at one point folks were blatantly outfitting with them even though they was never the intent. Don’t know if that was ever resolved or not.
 
Last edited:
It could be argued that rising land prices are a positive for the majority of Montana residents (most of whom don’t hunt and aren’t in the market for a large parcel of hunting land).

Hell ya I love paying higher taxes. Add it to our higher grocery prices we pay in this state too. Love it
 
*Rising land values is perhaps a better way of putting it. For every buyer, there is someone who is selling.

And stop swearing so much. It’s uncouth.
Hey. I have 5 acres. 4000 square foot lodge. No really close neighbors. You can get cow elk tags and whitetail over the counter. Let me know. I'll sell for the right price. mtmuley
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,172
Messages
2,252,244
Members
39,106
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top