MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana Mt Goat pictures

Ovis,

Long horn is 9 3/4" with 5 3/8" base. Official score at 47 4/8 B & C. Taken in mid November so hair was excellent. Should have done a full body mount but only did a shoulder. I have uncanny luck with drawing tags and am not giving any of it away! Guess the size and length of the bighorn. He is smaller than he looks.

Paul

You have some GREAT Picture's.
Keep them comming our way.
It does get the blood boiling .
cool.gif
cool.gif

Paul

I didn't know they made goats that big in Montana
smile.gif
Boy is judging goat horns tough!

This is my goat from a late September hunt. I caped this ol boy out for a lifesize. The next day while loading up the pack with the meat, cape, trophy and camp I realized if I cut the cape in half for a shoulder mount I could shed some weight and handle the load off the mountain in one trip, rather than ascending later to recover the rest of my goodies. So I cut him
frown.gif
Not much longer after that my buddy shot a problem bear that felt it necessary to follow me and my load of meat around the mountain. That said, we unfortunately had to make two trips to get all of our gear and animals off the mountain. I'm still kicking myself as this goat would of made one hell of a lifesize. Live and learn...

jimgoat13copy.jpg

PS...I am just now getting to the point where I can score thinhorns, haven't even attempted scoring bighorns. I'll give your ram a whirl, but figure I will be off, might get the length close though.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back