Montana Moose

Dreams do come true! I will follow up with the full story as soon as time permits and I heal up from the packout. 😁 Solo DIY Montana Shiras

*edit* I killed him solo, but I called for help as soon as I saw his hooves. No possible way I was packing the meat up and out in a day by myself. Very grateful for good friends with strong backs.
Congrats man! You earned it! Nice looking bull.
 
1000005137.jpg
These were devastating on Bull Moose @ 300 yards in case anyone was wondering. Bullet went in far enough to turn his heart to gelatin with no meat damage to the far side quarter. Ideal quartering away shot.

I never did enjoy shooting my 300WM for some reason but I am interested in the 7mm BC round for a future lightweight hunting rifle though. Been reading on it a little.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top