Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana M/G/S deadline May 2

I used to be that guy always reminding my buddies of application deadlines. I could tell it annoyed a couple of them. So I quit reminding those 2. Now they seem upset when they forgot to apply for stuff the last few years. Oh well.

The elk deadline slipped by me,,, oh well my points got burned last year on 313.

I do not ever let this one slip past.

I have taken two goats, so that's enough for one guy when so many would like the chance.

I drew a moose tag a few years ago, have a few years before I can next apply.

Ah,,, the coveted bighorn tag. I keep accruing points along with everyone else. It did occur to me that I could hunt an unlimited area, while still trying for a limited tag. I've got the time, some horses and am not getting any younger.

...Ah,,, the coveted bighorn tag. I keep accruing points along with everyone else. It did occur to me that I could hunt an unlimited area, while still trying for a limited tag. I've got the time, some horses and am not getting any younger.
Yes, when I had horses, I bought an unlimited tag every year and was still able to try for a limited tag. I was lucky enough to have killed 3 rams, with one being a little longer than full curl. But none of them compare to the great rams that come out of some of the limited draw units. When I killed my rams, Montana didn't have the 7 year wait, which if I killed another unlimited ram now I would have to wait the 7 years before applying again. So although it hasn't worked for over 36 years, and with maximum bonus points (that I would lose in a 7 year wait), I decided to just keep applying for the Montana lottery of a prime limited Bighorn ram tag.

Way ahead of the game! Got them in the FIRST day you could! Year number 42 IN A ROW without drawing either moose or sheep. Got lucky in 2011 and drew a goat tag. Never got a goat in the Bitteroots as the population tanked. Really enjoyed my adventures from June to November though back there.

Sure glad I have the extra day to procrastinate this year. Thanks for the heads up. I won't have time to hunt this fall anyway, so I don't really want a sheep tag.... ;)

The elk deadline slipped by me,,, oh well my points got burned last year on 313.

I do not ever let this one slip past.

I have taken two goats, so that's enough for one guy when so many would like the chance.

I drew a moose tag a few years ago, have a few years before I can next apply.

Ah,,, the coveted bighorn tag. I keep accruing points along with everyone else. It did occur to me that I could hunt an unlimited area, while still trying for a limited tag. I've got the time, some horses and am not getting any younger.
+1
BB.jpg

I was lucky enough to have killed 3 rams, with one being a little longer than full curl. But none of them compare to the great rams that come out of some of the limited draw units.

Yeah, they don’t compare because they’re in a whole ‘nother league of their own.
Unlimited ram with blue jeans and a lever action > the next gumbo river ram

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back